Fellgate green belt

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Fellgate green belt

Post by rossinisbird »

If you didn't already know (the Council has been very quiet about this), the latest round of South Tyneside Council's Local Development Framework consultations ends this Friday (12th May). This covers the Core Strategy, which will inform planning in South Tyneside over the next 15 years.

One of the key parts of the strategy includes the Tyne & Wear Regional Employment Site in "Policy ST1 - Spatial Strategy for South Tyneside". This site will require the deletion of the farmland next to Fellgate and Hedworth from the greenbelt.

Anyone can respond, and if you want to comment on this you can download the Core Strategy and the consultation response form from here. You can send your response by post or email.

The TWRES is mentioned in other policies in the Core Strategy, so you can use every opportunity in your response to make it clear that you think it's a bad idea.

If you can, let as many people as possible know. Democracy doesn't end at the ballot box.
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Victor Stenger
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

i get sick about hearing how building on green belt land will bring jobs in, b*llshit, there is plenty of brown belt land left for new buildings
mrp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mrp »

What is the effect of the Green Belt?

Higher rents and less affordable housing.

Democracy doesn't end at the ballot box, it ends when someone else puts you out of affordable housing.

I expect to hear a multitude of flat-earthesque denial to which I am not interested in.
Insulus cruentam atque bella. Si pugnaverunt eleutheria toties vis bello itidem vel libertatibus conservare autem?
Ad liberandum aliis fieri liberior.
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

mrp because england is only a small place then the green belt land was set up to keep a bit of countryside in between towns and your not supposed to build on it, but rules can be bent, eg the old one about how many new jobs will be made by building new works units, even thought many old units in the area are empty
mrp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mrp »

Great, land is scarce, let's make it more scarce?
Insulus cruentam atque bella. Si pugnaverunt eleutheria toties vis bello itidem vel libertatibus conservare autem?
rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rossinisbird »

Don't worry about mrp, jimmy. The very fact that his housing gambit was way off course shows that he's just after someone to bait.
Victor Stenger
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

rossinisbird the sharks aint taken the bait tonight mate lol
mrp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mrp »

Right. The price of land doesn't matter.

Tell that to someone who can't afford mortgage payments...you are heartless.
CJ
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by CJ »

somewhere in the mists of time, some goddamned greeny implemented the concept of keeping the natural, beauty of England, preserved for all time, in near proximity to all of us living in the s h i t e and stress of towns and cities, so that our nation could attune to the incredible natural history of our land, without travelling too far. Our geographical uniqueness gives is the strength of character we need to survive. That strength has been diluted. The greenbelt is now a symptom of world events. It is now a profitable commodity that our policy of taking in the world's refugee's has left us. This country has no space for all that comes in. Our magnanimous philanthropy outweighs our indiginous cultural needs. Or,perhaps, our governmental and financial needs. The world has grown so huge and harsh.
rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rossinisbird »

Which post is the funniest - mrp's tongue in cheek stab or CJ's cheap ein volk cloning?
Victor Stenger
mrp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mrp »

You really are a heartless wench.
CJ
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by CJ »

:lol: cheap though!! am wounded :( I think it is around 100,000 new homes being flung up in the south east green belt at the mo according to my dad who lives there and now wishes he didn't.
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

letz not forget thu hundredz of thousandz of single motherz who have swallowd up huge chunkz of public housin for decadez and thu remainder sold off on thu cheap giving millionz thu chance to make eazy money......
forcing more and more structurez to be built, creating even more slumz...........will theez fly by nite leaderz ....[all ov them] ever learn wat they are doing to our great country.........and it seemz our friend cj has learnt very littul about wat the "great empire" done to thu world in itz dayz of glory...........sadly, people with that mentality will alwayz make cheap jibez against refugeez to quench their neverending sickening little england persona`z.......wake up .........genuin refugeez are people in need and thu majority are hardworking people who will, if given thu rite help add nothing but positive benefits.....as appozed to huge chunkz of britz who have no intention of giving any thing to this country.....and only ever take......icluding thu crookz in suitz who live like lordz, pretending to do rite by us, the public............give yourself a shake and then reely look closely at wat is reely happening to our country, that is of course,if you can
drag your head away from thu mind bending newspaperz you all love.....
pleez dont bother responding with satatisticz...........
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rossinisbird »

Fellgate has gone national. The controversy with the Church's money grabbing attitude to the Fellgate greenbelt is in tomorrow's Private Eye.
Victor Stenger
rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rossinisbird »

The Inspector for the Regional Spatial Strategy has axed the plans to build on the Fellgate greenbelt.
Victor Stenger
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I lived on the Fellgate estate for a short while when it was first built, on green belt I might add. What makes me laugh is people are quite happy to move onto estates built on green belt but when some one suggests building more these same people are up in arms to protect the green belt. Cleadon Village and Fellagte estate are prime examples of this.
I voted leave

Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

It was the same when building on Temple Park was suggesred.Residents at Holder House built on green fields were up in arms!
rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rossinisbird »

Goodness me, my house was built over 100 years ago on green fields! How hypocritical of me to campaign to preserve what green space is left!
Victor Stenger
mr-angry
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mr-angry »

rossinisbird wrote:Goodness me, my house was built over 100 years ago on green fields! How hypocritical of me to campaign to preserve what green space is left!
That's what I was thinking.
South Shields, I was born here, and I'll d*e here
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

There is an insatiable demand for housing as more and more people live on their own. Every corner plot in South Tyneside has houses built on it. The Westoe Crown Village seems to be full of properties which people have bought to rent out.
I am all for preserving the green belt and of course we all live in houses built on green fields. Pilot was commenting, I think, on people whose estates were built on the edge of town then complaining when other people want to do the same. I can remember when Cleadon Village was a village. Loads of people moved in and built houses but now want to stop others doing the same.Where do we call a halt.
If it were up to some people nothing would get built ever. I'd be interested to hear how we meet the demand for housing without destroying the green belt.