any computer experts out there ???

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

madmarvin

any computer experts out there ???

Post by madmarvin »

gooday.....

i rebuilt my computer today.........
(and i bet you all thought i was at church.....)

and my problem is this, i use windows 98 se for older games like "carmageddon"..... its a great game, i love running over the pedestrians.....
(i like to make believe that they are retarded black arabic catholic neo nazi pedaphiles) (did you like that one jim ???)........

but i also install windows xp professional with service pack 2 on a different partition......

the problem is....... the xp setup stops half way through........

could this be a problem with my mother board ???
i was wondering if it is possible that my computer may no longer be suitable for windows xp ???
baldy.smith

Computer

Post by baldy.smith »

Your computer needs to be blessed by a black p********e priest for best results (I'm sure you must know of one)
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

desmond tutu ???
baldy.smith

computer

Post by baldy.smith »

He's Thomas the tank engines friend isn't he?
James_2003uk
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by James_2003uk »

Throw some specs about and ill have a gander...do you get any error messages when this install stops?
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

hello james, im not sure about the specs bit, but here is what my book says about it.........

this mainboard has a SOCKET 478 for the INTEL PENTIUM 4 type of processors supporting front side bus (FSB) speeds up to 533/400 MHz.

this mainboard has the VIA P4M266A northbridge and VT8235 southbridge chipsets that support AC 97 audio codec, and provide ultra dma 133/100/66/33 function. it supports built-in usb 2.0 providing higher bandwidth. it emplements universal serial bus specification revision 2.0 and is compliant with uhci 1.1 and ehci 0.95. this mainboard has two 32-bit pci slots, one 4xagp slot, cnr slot and an onboard 10baset/100basetx network interface. this mainboard is a micro atx size mainboard and has power connectors for an atx power supply.

its 2.4 gigahertz with 512 megabytes of ram.......

as far as the window setup goe's, i have installed windows xp home edition half a dozen times, no problems......

i recently aquired windows xp professional, downloaded the service pack 2 and slipstreamed them together, i then installed it onto my harddrive.... no problems at all, my brother rebuilt his computer 3 days ago, and had no problems with the installation.....

i went to rebuild my computer, using the same windows disk and it stops half way through the set up, the same thing happened when i tried to setup again on two different partitions and also using two different dvd drives, i then decided to try the old xp home edition, and it too stopped halfway through the setup....

every time it stopped, it was always at the same point of installation....

(about one third the way through the "installing network" section with 32 minutes before the end of setup)

and even though the setup halted...... the information messages would still change, and the small dots on the bottom right hand side of the screen that signifies that the setup is processing was still actually moving...... but the setup would still be on 32 minutes half an hour later, there were no error messages of any sort, and the partition i was using for the setup has not got any bad sectors, although another partition that i use solely for data has about a half megabyte of bad sectors, i am using windows 98 se at the moment, it seems strange that i can install 98 but not xp...... got any ideas ???

thanks for the interest, i just hope this can be solved....
Derekftm
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Derekftm »

dont suppose your trying to install xp as ntfs are you?
cos im fairly sure (but could be wrong) that you cant have ntfs and fat32 on the same disc
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

madmarvin,

I have spent many years in OZ. so I am not suprised at your attitude about life, or people.

My sister is a naturalised Australian and her daughter (my neice), is a born Aussie.

I will speak about my niece, so I cant be accused of racism.

She is a small minded biggot, who hates "poofs" and "Bungs" etc. I love her and think of her as a typical Australian.

Enough said!!!
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
little_tata
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by little_tata »

Marvin, you've got a thing about copying from books haven't you??

....have you heard of plagiarism??
baldy.smith

computer

Post by baldy.smith »

Hi Tata, MADMARVIN uses selective quotes from books because he does not have a mind of his own, he is an extremist of the worst kind :wink:
albinofurball2

Post by albinofurball2 »

Well bit of bad luck eh.
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

hello dereck, i have tried both the fat 32 and the ntfs formats on different partitions, but its the same problem with both, i usually use fat 32 anyway, just to keep it compatible with all my partitions.

as for you jim, my little statement was just an attempt at "humorous sarcasm"... i would like you to know that my neice and nephew are part aboriginal, (black) their father was catholic, therefore my sister married into the catholic church........ my brother has a debilitating disease that can only get worse which has already caused one of his legs to be amputated......... and due to his condition i am on a carers pension.........

so go back and have another look at your post from the other day where you accused me and someone else of being like hitler, where you accused us with your childish accusations.....

for example:
if they are black, they must be muggers..... lets kill them.....

they are retarded or deformed and cost the country money...... lets kill them.......

all priests are pedaphiles....... lets kill them........... etc. etc. etc.

do me a favour........ pull your foot out of your mouth and stay in france......

tata, you've got a thing about copying from books haven't you??

....have you heard of plagiarism?? (whats your point dopy ???)

good grief baldy, your still at it, and whats wrong with quoting books ???
if you have anything to say about historical events...... do you quote from books or do you just make it up from scratch thereby getting all your facts wrong ???
it never ceases to amaze me to see people such as yourself try to turn something like "reading a book" into something sinister, your clutching at straws, trying to make me look like i dont have the nouse to perceive the things that i read.........
but if you baldy, had the nouse to understand "anything" at all, we would not be having this little debate..........
so you can keep putting down people like me who have something to say against murderous churches and pedaphile preists, but it has got me stuffed why anyone would side against the victims of the catholic church......

yeh.....it is a bit of bad luck hey flowerboy...........
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

madmarvin.

When did this "Massacre" of protestants by the catholics take place? Iv'e not heard anything in the news recently.

Oscar Wilde
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

like i said in the other post...... read foxe's book of martyrs........ just type it into google, their are plenty of them on line.......

and these murders took place over centuries......... and the fact that they havent done anything in the last 3 or 4 hundred years does not excuse them.........
baldy.smith

Computer

Post by baldy.smith »

More recent killings; taken from information on the internet.

90% of the aborigine population killed by settlers in Australia. This information is from several sources. Point being; do we now condemn and hate all Aussies for something that happened more recently than the massacres you are talking about. Hilter also has extremist views like you; the difference being he was against jews and communists and anyone else who was not blue eyed and blonde, he was also convinced that he was right just as you believe yourself to be. And do not come back and say they were all killed by Catholics.
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

Madmarv, xp service pack 2 caused some problems on my computer too, so make sure you really want it before you install it all.
Otherwise (dare I suggest) say a little prayer as you download it. :lol:

Oh and hey Jim, there are some bigots here in oz of course, but I really don't know that they are the typical aussie!! On the whole we are fairly laid back and accept different people, as long as they make the effort to meet us half way in friendliness.
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

Hi sherri.

I know what you are saying and I like Aussies. They are laid back and easy going. I was just being personal and insulting to madmarv, as he had been to me. While he thinks I defend the church, I am in fact an atheist. I am against people condeming groups of the community, due to some imagined connection with specific crimes. Or because they are in someway different. I tried to give madmarv a taste of his own medecin, so to speak. No offence to you, I appologise. :oops:

Oscar Wilde
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

No worries jim. LOL The funny thing is madmarv is actually being at his most charming on this board if you only realised it. He is trying to keep on topic and he hasn't really let fly with the abuse and he is even popping in a few jokes.
Yep, this is madmarv chilling out, compared to how he used to be, believe me. Don't worry, I don't think mad marv cares for me or furball overly either, so you are not alone.
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

hey baldy..........
90% of the aborigine population killed by settlers in Australia......

thats right mate......... settlers.......... from england......... if you want to try and tar me with that brush mate.......... you better tar yourself as well......

and once again you (and others) are assuming that i hate all catholics,
i only hate what the church itself stands for and i hate the fact that whole countries can be sucked in to being a part of it............

gooday jim......... you have seen the evidence against the church of rome....... and if you cant understand my stance against them, then thats just tough...... we cant change each others minds........ but i was hoping to give people a small insight into the hypocracies and inhuman acts of the roman catholic church..............

......as for giving me my medicine......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
thats a good one.

hello sherri, how are you ??? im not sure what the problem is with my computer, but its not service pack 2, cos i had the same problem with installing xp home edition without service pack 2 incorporated into it, i pinched my brothers harddrive today, had the same installation trouble, but when i installed it back into his computer, the windows installed without a problem........

this means the problem is not the harddrive or the windows, or the installation disk...... im pretty sure it is something on the mother board....... i hope it doesnt cost too much........ if it doe's, then my brother will miss out on his beer this week hee hee hee...........
Derekftm
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Derekftm »

is the hard drive
basic or dynamic?
if its dynamic you can only instal one o/s on it

To see if you have a dynamic hard disk, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools.
Double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management. In the right pane, your disk will be labeled as a basic or dynamic type.