Groovin' in the Lodge - Cancer Research Fundraiser

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Jen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Groovin' in the Lodge - Cancer Research Fundraiser

Post by Jen »

You may have seen this in the Gazette on Wednesday, but just thought I'd put up a quick post about it :-)

Five Local bands and artists are performing at the Whitburn Lodge all in aid of Cancer Research U.K.

A whole day of fun starting from 12 noon to 11pm, Satuday 3rd May 2008

With performances from...........
THE NEW STORIES
TERRY GORMAN
JEN STEVENS AND THE HICCUPS (4-6pm)
ADAM COLE
DRIVIN' RAIN

plus BBQ, Outside Bar, Prizes and Promotions, Charity Auction

TICKETS ON SALE FROM FRIDAY 28TH MARCH 2008

£5 for adults £3 for kids in advance
(£7 for adults on the day)

From.....
The whitburn Lodge
Reflex Record Shop
online at http://www.reflexcd.co.uk

From the Gazette:

Some of the best bands in the region will descend on a Whitburn pub this weekend to raise money for a cancer charity.

Lindsay Pearson, operations manager at the Whitburn Lodge, in Mill Lane, has organised a 'Groovin' in the Lodge' party to raise money for the charity which helped her mum battle against cancer 17 years ago - Cancer Research UK.

When Miss Pearson was just eight, her mum Lynne Pearson was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease and was given only two weeks to live by doctors. But Mrs Pearson battled through and was given the all-clear soon after.
However two years ago, Mrs Pearson's best friend Val Somerville died after losing a battle with breast cancer.
Miss Pearson, 25, from Bents Park Road, South Shields, said : "I just wanted to give something back to the people who helped my mum and her friend Val. The charity really helps people who are suffering with caner and I'm fortunate to be in a position to raise money for them. The event has take so long to organise, but it'll be worth it in the end because it'll be a great fun day and, more importantly, all the money raised is going to a good cause."

The party will feature five bands and artists on Saturday, along with a bouncy castle and play area for the kids. The day will also include and auction with Century Radio's breakfast newsreader Stephanie Finnon.
A signed print by Niall Quinn and a signed shirt from rugby star Johnny Wilkinson are among the prizes.
Miss Pearson is also expecting the auction to feature a signed shirt by footballing superstar David Beckham.

Acts performing on the day are The New Stories, Terry Gorman, Adam Cole, Jen Stevens & The Hiccups and Drivin' Rain.
There will also be attractions such as an outdoor bar, BBQ and giveaways.
All proceeds will go towards Cancer Research UK - tickets cost £5 for adults and £3 for children.
All are welcome. Ring the Lodge on 0191 529 0800.
http://www.myspace.com/jenstevensthehiccups

"...extraordinary...A geordie KT Tunstall." Evening Chronicle.
"...poppy tunes by the skipful..." The Crack.
"...powerful and creative..." Chris Difford, Squeeze.