A Really Apt Joke

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Marv,

With reference to "murderous religions", I think it is fair to say that it is not the religion that is "murderous" but rather a few fanatical zealots within those religions who have chosen to (mis)interpret their doctrines and use them as justification for k#lling.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
little_tata
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by little_tata »

"whatever foxe was like, that has no bearing on the actions of the catholic church......... would you dispute the existence of the inquisitions ???....... is that all b*llshit just because foxe like most humans also had a darkside ???"

Your own words Marvin..

You are "excusing" the actions of a man because, as you say "like most humans" he had a dark side.........(just to recap, he wrote the book which you say is "fact" , yet he did doctor some of the "facts" to back up his own argument. You say the Catholic Church are totally wrong and always have been and always will be because they are built on lies and decite....see the link here???)

I may be wrong marvin, but it seems to me that you have a very poor and sad outlook on life....from what I have read in your threads, you appear to have your own opinions, and you are not prepared to listen to anyone else's.

I don't know why you feel this way, and to be honest I really don't care. It is people who hold the same opinions as yourself who do create all the animosity in the world.

You say that somewhere in MUslim scripture it says
" that they do have written in their scriptures a commandment to k*ll ALL infidels......"
Where do you get your information from???????? The back of crisp packets????? NRA pamphlets????? George Bush????????

Yes, I do know the forms which Buddah takes......oh...and just a little point of interest for you..........you know your King James Bible...that was the first one to say that local wise women were witches, and they were in league with the devil.....Oh, and by the way, King James was a Protestant so you're taking your arguments from "changed" storys to please the King. Sorry to let you know that, but hey...you argue on "facts" don't you??
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

gooday again mushy........

your only error is concluding that i see "every" catholic as a murderous pedaphile, i dont...........

i see the catholic system/hierarchy as a part of a murderous regime who have finally stopped their killing. (but that does not make the system innocent).......... i also percieve that not all catholic priests are pedaphiles...... but..... how do we know which ones are not ???
that is why i said in an earlier post about keeping kids away from the lot of them...........

quite simply......i beleive that the the safety of children comes first........

for what guarantee can the church of rome give to parents that their children will not be harmed........... NONE.........

especially when you consider that it was the idiots in the vatican that moved pedaphile preists from one place to another, purely to protect their own interests.........

this is proof that they hold no interest whatsoever in the safety of children......

hello elaine

you said that you "think it is fair to say that it is not the religion that is "murderous" but rather a few fanatical zealots within those religions who have chosen to (mis)interpret their doctrines and use them as justification for k#lling."

you are so right, you see, man created religion, thats why we have so many, and most of these religions have nothing whatsoever to do with "the god of israel" and the teachings in the "holy bible".........

and the doctrine of most christian religions are a misinterpretation of what they are suppose to beleive in...... because quite often they add in their own commandments in order to make money and power...........these are created by zealots........ and unfortunately........ innocent people get caught up in these "false doctrines"..............

by the way...... god is not religous..........

hello little tata, i am not excusing the actions of anyone.......
and i am most definitely not excusing the murderous actions of the catholic church simply because of your opinion on "foxe".......

you say i am erronous because "foxe" doctored some of the facts......
and if he did....... how many ???
5 million ???

wether "foxe" doctored some facts or not, this changes nothing, and even by your own understanding of this matter only "some facts were doctored" therefore the majority is still true...........

and how do you know that this report of his "doctoring" was not just a false accusation to try and discredit his stance against the foul acts of the catholic church.............

your arguement is full of holes and it gives no defence to the catholic church...........

and just like so many others i have seen in forums on the internet........ when they cant give a good arguement......... they start with the old..... "you must be a sad old b@stard routine"...........

but the fact is pal, i have given you a very good arguement....... therefore beleive me when i say......."you are the sad one"....... you cant even see the flaws in your own arguement.

as for the moslem bit, i dont study dribble...... (if i did i would be a catholic)......... i dont know any exact scripture from the koran.......
but i have seen reports on this moslem bible......... perhaps i will look into it more........
but think on this....... if such a scripture did not exist...........

then why the bloody hell do we have a bunch of fanatical moslem terrorists running around screaming for a jihad ???

(just in case you dont know......... "JIHAD" means a holy war against the infidels)

as for the the king james bible........... the old testament is exactly the same as what the jews read......... and the new testament is translated from the original greek scripts.......note how the king james keeps the old english terms in it ?? you know, thee thou wherefore's etc. the english wording has not changed much since the first king james........
but the same cannot be said for other bible versions.......

by the way........where do you get YOUR information from ???

from the wrapper on the side of a bottle of popa pola ???

from the manuscripts of "how to hide a pedaphile in the vatican" ???

or maybe from the book "murder pope wrote" ???

(jessica lange would make a good pope, old decrepit and full of crap)
Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Infectedmushroom »

Marvin im sorry but your view that "because one catholic preist is a pedo, we shud keep all kids away from all catholic priests" is rediculous.

Michael jackson is a pedo, lets keep all kids away from rockstars

Ian huntely... is a man... and possibly a pedo, lets keep all kids away from men... uhuh thats definitely the way to go about it.
Today, I changed my signature.
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

gooday mushy.........

if you look at the bigger picture you will see that there is more than one pedaphile priest......... some of these blokes are now in their old age, who knows how many kids they molested in a lifetime of preisthood ?
and who knows how many more of them are lurking out there ???

but if people dont want to take extra precautions with their kids in this day and age, then that in itself is a shame.........

you should also take into account the lifestyle of the preist....... unlike rockstars and most men and women, they cant just go out and get themselves a root to satisfy their needs.........

instead they make themselves hunger until suddenly some poor kid cops it.........

all i am saying is the danger is there....... and all precautions should be taken by the parents...........

and there is nothing ridiculous about that.........
Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

You are very right. All precautions should be taken by parents to ensure there children are in safe hands.

I wouldnt leave my kids with any one i didnt trust. Wether they be a catholic priest, a doctor, mother teresa or even santa claus.

I dont distrust someone because they are a catholic, i distrust them simply cos i dont know them.

I still think that ur idea is unnecessarily offensive, but I do see ur point: the danger is there.

but the danger is everywhere man, it can be found in everything you look at and analyse.
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

Ah, this all started with a joke, maybe a bit of a clanger for the date it was posted, but a joke all the same. Amazing how everyone enjoys a good joke, hey?? LOL
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

I see the new pope was a member of the Hitler Youth.

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

I don't doubt it. Most Germans of his age were. Unfortunately, they had no choice.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
Infectedmushroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

mixed reception about the new pope?

huh i didnt expect to happen, i mean theres only 1.1billion followers plus the rest of the world watching, all with a valid opinion

i thought everyone would be happy about having a hitler youth german ultraorthodox pope who thinks buggery is a deadly sin.
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

i hope he doesn't know any gestapo tactics...............

ve haf vays off makink you pray.......

first you get down on your knees
fiddle with your rosaries
bow your head with great respect......
and genuflect genuflect genuflect......
doin' the vatican rag.

thats a bit more "plagarism" for you little tata,
its part of a song by tom lehrer.

DOMINIC ???? strewth, what a name.............
boo hiss, boo hiss, booo...........

talk about mixed reactions............

bring back john paul.............
rossinisbird
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rossinisbird »

bring back john paul

Resurrection? Who would believe in that?
DangerXpac
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by DangerXpac »

So Marvin what you are trying to say is that you dislike religion. Even when people on this forum seem to agree with you in some of your opinions you still atack them for however they feel about something. If manny people are willing to understand some of your opinions why are you so hard headed that you cant try to understand theres? Just a thought.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
--Albert Einstein
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

hello rossinisbird.............

when you said.........

Resurrection? Who would believe in that?

you reminded me of father dougal from father ted, god i love that show...... DRINK ! DRINK ! THICK ! ARSE ! GIRLS ! DRINK !

hello dangermouse............

most religions are crap...........
as i said in an earlier post "god is not religous".............

as for attacking others, it was only fair that i gave out what i got, (a couple of them even followed me into another post) and though some people agreed with some of what i had to say, they did not agree with everything, therefore i had more things to say to them, and they had more things to say to me..........

this is called "debating".......... (and no, that does not mean to take the meat of your hooks while fishing)

debating, simply put, is "your opinion and/or facts" versus "my opinion and/or facts".........

and i do understand other peoples outlooks on religion, this post has predominantly been about the catholic church, and i have tried to make people understand that the catholic church is in effect "evil".........

for instance how can anyone who hates murders such as hitler and pol pot who murdered millions, not hate the catholic church......... who murdered millions more than these two put together ???

i understand that there are "sincere" people in all walks of religion who believe that they are gods chosen etc. etc. just because they belong to those churches............. but........... they are sincerely wrong.
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

Hi madmarvin.

As a final note from me, to clarify my stance in "The Debate". I only had a go as you singled out catholics. My true belief about religion (Any), is that they all have commited atrocities in the past. I believe ALL religions are dangerous and religion should be banned! It's the only way to save the world.

I like to be fair!
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
DangerXpac
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by DangerXpac »

Marvin.. the mouse comment? give me a break... i am a United states Marine. Now as some might know i was born and raised catholic and since converted to athiesm. Yes i myself am not religouse i also enjoy a good debate quite often in fact what attracted me to this forum originally was a comment that Jim had made about americans and i debated with him on the topic. But yet i did not scorn him for his views, theres a thin line between Debating and Argueing you seem to cross it almost every time you post.

And refering to the Catholic church killing millions what do you have to back this up besides a book that has very few strong sources?

By the way if you think the inquistion was responsible for the deaths of million at the cruel brutal hands of the catholic church you might wanna check your facts.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
--Albert Einstein
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

hello jim in france, what you say is true........ atrocities have been committed by mankind throughout history....... but the catholic church has a history worse than the rest............ you dont like the fact that i was referring to the catholic church "only"........... well thats too bad mate,
because my concern in this whole post has been about the "catholic church" ..............

if you were to write a post about "how to cook an egg"..........
should i take exception to you, because you are not telling us "how to cook bacon" as well..........

get the drift ???

hello again danger mouse.............

(danger mouse is a british cartoon, so dont take offence)

i dont care if you are a catholic, protestant, atheist or a calathumpian jew.......

you said to me................"theres a thin line between Debating and Argueing you seem to cross it almost every time you post"............

it takes two to argue pal, and if you want to argue that point, then i will stick around so that you dont have to talk to yourself..........

and if you discern "scorning" to be stating facts that are hurtful to some parts of society, then thats just tough...........

if catholics cant handle the truth about their church, thats cool, all they have to do is keep believing the dribble that they already believe in........

(and if you find that last statement to be harsh, then i guess your not real good at being an atheist)

as for your other comments..........
..........."And refering to the Catholic church killing millions what do you have to back this up besides a book that has very few strong sources?

By the way if you think the inquistion was responsible for the deaths of million at the cruel brutal hands of the catholic church you might wanna check your facts."...............

what sources do you have to prove the catholic church is innocent ???
as for checking facts......... you better have a look at them yourself........

as i have said before, it is world history, not just some fanciful crap written by a non-catholic.........

and lets suppose hypothetically for just one minute...........
that the catholic church did not torture and murder protestants.........
there is still the "fact" that they slaughtered 12 million natives in south america..........

defend them all you like....... it doesn't make one iota of difference.
DangerXpac
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by DangerXpac »

Marvin.. Where is this "Fact" that the catholics slaughtered 12 million south americans? This i would definetly like to see.

As far as the inquisition goes over a 350 year period it was claimed that millions of heritics were slaughterd.. If you look into it further all true documents come back to a number between 3000-5000.

. . . In 1567 a fierce propaganda campaign began with the publication of a Protestant leaflet penned by a supposed Inquisition victim named Montanus. This character (Protestant of course) painted Spaniards as barbarians who ravished women and sodomized young boys. The propagandists soon created "hooded fiends" who tortured their victims in horrible devices like the knife-filled Iron Maiden (which never was used in Spain).

I would bet that manny of your points seem to be loosly based on non-credible sources such as Montanus here.

I understand you read some sort of book on the crimes catholics had commited could you tell me the name of that book again? I would really be intrested in checking there sources to make sure there not modern day propagandist writing rubish.
--Albert Einstein
madmarvin

Post by madmarvin »

hello dangermouse........

the book i referred to was "foxes book of martyr's
here is the url for it.........
http://www.biblebelievers.com/foxes/findex.htm

also look at...........
http://www.acts2.com/thebibletruth/The_Inquisition.htm

i was also looking on the internet for other sources on the catholic
church.....
i have just read different things for a few hours, check these out.........

http://www.reformation.org/holocaus.html
(this is about catholic domination in yugoslavia in the 1940's, very
interesting and surprising and it is relevant to our "debate")

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/thirty.htm
(i read this for ages, its a fascinating book written in 1903 by an ex
catholic priest of 30 years........ just thought you might like to look
at it, it may help you to be a "better" atheist)

as for the murder of millions of natives in south america........
have a quick look at..........
http://www.essaysample.com/essay/002125.html

also....... look up your beloved "christopher columbus"..... by order of the
catholic church he also was in charge of the murder of millions of native indians.......
albinofurball2

Post by albinofurball2 »

Yawn.