Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

cold snap

Post by Jake »

I could not believe my ears this morning as i listened to the news,
it said this unseasonal cold weather has helped to kill thousands of old people,what unseasonal cold weather,it is supposed to be cold in the winter.

And anyway that is what winter is for to get rid of a few old people and a few who have got something wrong with them,what is wrong with this country when people complain that it is getting a little cold,we have not had a bad winter for years, i love the winter the worse the better.

Oh and a Merry Christmas to you all.
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

And a merry Christmas to you too, jake. I see some things never change, you are still a crotchetty little elf, full of the milk of human kindness.
I have to say though, that we have the same sorts of comments with weather here. eg It will be a hottish day, nothing exceptional, and the Tv news will play it up as if we have been flattened by a heat wave. I mean-one or two days of only 35c?
Then trains and buses might break down or not run on time and we are told it is due to heat. We passengers think-holey moley, don't those idiots who run these things know it is summer? Of course it is going to be occasionally hot in summer. Can't they make stuff that is a bit stronger?
Glad to hear you are enjoying your winter.
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Hey Sherri, do you guys know what a good winter looks like? Like 1976, Saturday afternoon, almost stranded in Newcastle and only 13 miles from home. Strong north-easterlies had blown in a blizzard from Siberia, the Tyne Bridge was closed with drifts, Byker Bridge was closed with drifts, City Road was closed with drifts, Coast Road closed with drifts. eventually got down Walker Road with extreme caution to the Tyne Tunnel to get to South Shields just to find the Coast Road to Sunderland was closed with drifts (if I remember rightly the Bamburgh had a drift right up to it's roof and one snow plough had to go and rescue another). This situation lasted for two weeks!!
Unfortunately we haven't experienced snow like it since. It was tremendous for the kids, and those of us who didn't want to go to work.
Oh, for another one like it!
Trouble with being on the North Sea coast is we get a lot of salt air blown in which melts the snow within 24 hours. :(
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Jake what a pitiful sad b*****d you really are, I hope one day you crash your bus and all that’s left of you is your balls, you know something to feed the Arabs with.>>>>>> 8)
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

I saw snow once, curly. We went up to the mountains, I was about 7 months pregnant, with not a lot of choice of things to wear so I had on a dress and high heeled leather boots (warmest footwear I owned). It wasn't ideal. I found leather isn't waterproof.
To cap it all off, some bright spark had decided to put stainless steel seats in the public toilets (which were unheated). My toddler point blank refused to sit on them-so much for the toilet training. LOL

Anyways, I would sort of like to see all the drifts you talk about, it would be fun, as long as I didn't have to travel thru them. It reminds me of one of the episodes in a James Herriot book I read. He and a doctor travelled across the Penines? to a medical conference where there was free food and grog. The journey was a bit hairy but they got back okay, only to find the roads had been closed to traffic for a day or two and listed as unpassable. LOL
Meanwhile, xmas here was a beautiful day, warm and sunny. The kids and a few of the big kids, went into the pool after lunch. Hope you all had a nice chrissy too.
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Well, Sherri, for a Christmas day it's been unseasonally warm here, I had to turn the central heating off. Mind we've had a bit of rain though.
danet

Post by danet »

The weather conditions where Sherri & I live have always been mild, with the exception of a few hot days, or a day of strange weather patterns, such as hailstones the size of golf balls we had just recently.
If someone could tell me how to put an attachment on these types of posts, I can attach a piccy of it. :)
I guess when we are basically used to the milder climate, these other extremes stand out more.
We live near the mountains (views are pretty all around) and when it snows up in Olinda, the coldness can be felt. Sort of like stepping out into a freezer.
Nothing worst than the same coldness as snow, but with no snow!
I somehow feel cheated...lol!
As for the right type of attire to wear, because of the varying weather patterns, as we seem to experience 4 seasons in a day at times.....I carry in the back of the 4xWD clothes to back up any extreme changes while out. Like carrying around a spare wardrobe..lol!:roll:

Jake.....do you reckon it may be co-incidental that so many of the elderly pass away at the same time as a cold winter? What are the statistics any other time of the year?
hellraiser

Post by hellraiser »

spot on jake what about next year u and the rest of the drivers taking 10 busloads away 4 a fortnight 2 the north pole and c how many empty ones u bring back free of wrinkleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees WHAT AN IDEA :idea: :)
IT WAS A FAIR FOUL REF

viewforum.php?f=58
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Isn’t it funny how Sadists think alike, maybe that’s why they say there aint a brain between them, all we need is for them to drive the busses>>> 8)
hellraiser

Post by hellraiser »

isn't it sadistic going to watch sunderland :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MARLENE
IT WAS A FAIR FOUL REF

viewforum.php?f=58
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Keep using the pins; one day you could be a bus driver>>>>>> 8)
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

No it's not sadistic going to watch Sunderland, it's masochistic, I know, I've been doing it for fourty years, and shed so many tears!!!
annie
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by annie »

here's my sixpennorth.................its cold here, its bloody cold, its damned cold, and its freezing, the ducks are stuck to the lake, and I cannot GET A SUNDAY DINNER ANYWHERE, I have sent a boat out looking for oxo cubes...........I know I am always going on about what I miss, but you don't know what you got til its gone, as the song goes.....HAPPY NEW YEAR have one for me........may 2004 be good to us all specially Jimmy and Big Ry (((hugs)))))) :oops:
Red
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Could do with some snow, we didn't have any for Xmas. Did the States have a white xmas?
annie
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by annie »

Nope curly lad.....nee snaa did as bit before Xmas, but no snow on Xmas itself........I am just about to finish work, then go out to eat.....nowts wworth eatin tho but.
Red
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

happy new year to you all. Having a BBQ here, with people coming over.
All this talk of a cold snap. I had a dreadful night last night-too hot, had to have the fan on all night but still too hot to bother doing any housework. Gotta gte into it this morning, I guess. :(
Wishing you all the best over there,England and US, in any case.
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

plus I got a bit sunburnt yesterday. Feel a real misery guts this morning, hey.
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Cheered me up no end Sherri.......................have a happy new year!!
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

Best wishes C' Just remember it's good for the bones.>>>>> 8)
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Well its 7pm new years eve and i am just on my way doon street,i will be drunk out my mind and i will not stop drinking until the early hours of monday morning,most of the time i will not know where i am or who i am with,but i am sure to have a good time until i am back driving my bus on monday.

Have a good new year all you losers and alan have a glass of shandy at midnight and pretend to be grown up.

Oh and Eve i would love to bump into you around midnight.