BEATLES

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

BEATLES

Post by comeonthen »

I have a cd with every single Beatle album on it, also all the cover photos and all the song lyrics. the only problem I have is that it is only playable on my computer. I want to copy each individual album onto a disc but it will not let me. I do not know what format it has been done in.
can anybody help me with this.
comeonthen
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: BEATLES

Post by Pilot »

I have the same CD but i never managed to alter the format. Its done in some compacted computer code so it wont work except on computer.
I voted leave

bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo »

curly is a big beatles fan and he knows abit about puwter aswell so maybe he can help.. :wink:
back by popular demand
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

It's a great cd pilot I hope someone has the answer on here. Come on curly your expertise is required oh wizard one.
comeonthen
nesr012

Post by nesr012 »

If you are referring to the 1995 Russian import of the Beatles discography, the disk is compiled in Delphi and all the albums are in the "BEATLES" folder.
Each album is one file such as ABR.WAV or SGT.WAV and is referenced from the main gui interface as an album icon. the songs are reference as time code within the code such as 565489 being one song and 565500 being the next, unless you have a de-compiler you will not be able to work out where each song starts or finishes.
However programmes such a Easy CD-DA can create a full CD from these WAV files but there will be no two second gap between tracks.
You can load each file into a programme that allows you to edit WAV files where by you can cut and paste each individual track until you re-create the album ready to burn. A note, these are compressed WAV files and not the files created in WIndows.
If you like the Beatles try this site http://morninggloryseed-blog.blogspot.com/
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

Thanks nesr012 for the advice and web page link. Once I have obtained my degree in computers I will be able to do as you say. Untill then I will listen to the cd on the computer. I think that will be easier than blowing my brain to bits trying to do as you say. I will pass your advice onto somebody that has more brain then me and they might be able to do it for me.
comeonthen
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Far easier (as far as I have been informed) is to download the albums in .mp3 format via a torrent. Then use Nero or Windows to create an audio CD.
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

Thank you curly.
comeonthen
Pooter
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pooter »

nesr012 wrote:I
If you like the Beatles try this site http://morninggloryseed-blog.blogspot.com/
Music blogs are one of the best ways to get old, rare and deleted albums. It helps if you ave a Rapidshare account though.

Try these as a taster

http://zinhof.blog.hr

http://time-has-told-me.blogspot.com (this one for folk stuff).

http://musictravellerstwo.blogspot.com (this one for live stuff)

You can find more by using the links on the above sites.
nesr012

Post by nesr012 »

Thought I would do one for myself - eighteen of Bob's early stuff on one CD.

Not as sophisticated as the Beatles one, but has much of the functionality - auto runs - click on the album to play - fast forward - volume control all included.
Minimise and it plays away on the pc while you work.

All tracks mp3 format at 128 kbt/s total of 698mbs of pure music.
nesr012

Post by nesr012 »

Still working on this one can't quite get the feeling I want right. You forget how wonderful his songs were.

nesr012

Post by nesr012 »

Thats better............. 17 albums and a rare interview............click on an album to display and play........

Anyone interested give me a PM.
Last edited by nesr012 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

Very good. I have had no luck with the Beatles so I just use it while I am doing my writings on the computer.
comeonthen
nesr012

Post by nesr012 »

Elvis

I had not realised Elvis had released so many albums - and there are probably more 8)