WHITBURN POOLS WIN

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

WHITBURN POOLS WIN

Post by comeonthen »

Can anyone remember when somebody from Whitburn won a huge amount on the football pools, I think it was in the 70s. I wonder how much it was and how it compares to today's lottery win. The money must have been the equivalent of winning the lottery today. I believe that the person still lives in Whitburn.
comeonthen
malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Re: WHITBURN POOLS WIN

Post by malaymac »

comeonthen wrote:Can anyone remember when somebody from Whitburn won a huge amount on the football pools, I think it was in the 70s. I wonder how much it was and how it compares to today's lottery win. The money must have been the equivalent of winning the lottery today. I believe that the person still lives in Whitburn. comeonthen
Comeonthen, I'm not familiar with the big win you're refering to but during my time at the bank (won't say which one)
I was part of a team who helped to assist big winners sort out their finances when they got lucky......and there were
quite a few around Tyne & Wear. Some were individuals and some were part of a work's syndicate. All sorts really.

I'm not saying whether it's good or bad, but very few of them lived the same lifestyle after a big win.
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

I suppose you are right that few stick to the same lifestyle. Those that do may not want to share their fortune with friends and family. Me personally I would shout it out the the world but I think that I would still stay in the same house as I like it, though it's a pity about the town.
comeonthen
bamboo
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by bamboo »

when an ass hole wins a large amount of money...they dont change to much...they just become an ass hole with loads of money.
back by popular demand
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

If i won twenty million quid on the lottery i wouldn't work weekends :^o :lol: Joking apart, all these people who have big wins on the lottery and say "It won't change my life" should be taken outside by two big lads and slapped, then ALL the money they won should be taken off them, and then they should be thrown back where they came from and told " There you go, nowts changed, enjoy having Nowt, YA SPONGE" or something like that.
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

bamboo wrote:when an ass hole wins a large amount of money...they dont change to much...they just become an ass hole with loads of money.
I reckon I could go along with that.
comeonthen
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

Why enter/buy lottery tickets in the first place if a win isnt going to change your life ?

cheers.

gag.
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

your right gag
if i won
my life would be so different
i said to jessica when we were on holiday
that if i won the lottery i would take her to the 4 corners of the world

she said
dad the worlds round

eeee oooor
donkeys lugs
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

I know a couple who won heaps of money on the pools, and a week later the wife says to her husband what are we going to do about those begging letters. And he said keep sending them darling.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

if i ever win 20 mill please feel free to call me an ars*hole
malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Post by malaymac »

jimmywizz wrote:if i ever win 20 mill please feel free to call me an ars*hole
Well if you did get that big win.......then I might call you a few names, while I'm dragging my sack full of begging letters to your door. :shock:

So, just to try avoid any additional embarrassment, please pm your address Jimmy, to make sure I'm standing outside the right door. :oops:

And of course, if you were to split your winnings with me [-o< please feel free to call me crawler, holes in knees, brown tongue etc, etc. :lol: