Goodwin, looking for relatives

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
Greymalkin
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Goodwin, looking for relatives

Post by Greymalkin »

My Mother's maiden name was Isabella Goodwin. She came from South Shields and would have been born in the 1920's, passed away some 20 years back.

According to my faulty recollections of her reminiscing, both her parents were killed in an accident, maybe be a motoring accident, in the 30's.
She was taken in care of a relative who was "in service" to some family in a big house. Then there is a bit of a blank until.........

She was an aircraft spotter based on the Isle of Wight in the latter days of WWII due to her excellent eyesight. Ther she met my Dad from Birmingham, who was a gunner on the Bofors guns. They got married, the wedding picture, (Only the one) shows them both in uniform.

Only twice did I get to meet my Mum's family. No surnames. It was Uncle this, and Auntie that. My maiden aunts, Auntie Jenny and Auntie Alice were the last women to be employed in the shipyards at Wallsend. My uncle John sat me on the banks of the Tyne and told me about the salmon that used to run there. Then he called me to hush. From the other side of the river we could hear the sound of the Northumbrian Pipes.

I'd like to get in touch with folks so I could get the whole story.

Grey.