boys brigade dance

Local History for Tyne & Wear
homesick
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

boys brigade dance

Post by homesick »

does anyone remember the saturday night dance at the B.B hall? in highfield rd. we used to have a sly pint in the westoe first. always made sure to go when
animal farm were on . just brilliant. :D
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: boys brigade dance

Post by comeonthen »

homesick wrote:does anyone remember the saturday night dance at the B.B hall? in highfield rd. we used to have a sly pint in the westoe first. always made sure to go when
Knew Animal Farm before they became Animal Farm they were known as the Desperadoes when they wore suits and buttoned down collars. When they changed their name they also changed their dress. They began dressing up in very colourfull clothes and acted and looked as though they were on acid. they used a mannequin in their act also. I have some great photos of the group that I got from one of their members not long ago.
comeonthen
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

homesick wrote:does anyone remember the saturday night dance at the B.B hall? in highfield rd. we used to have a sly pint in the westoe first. always made sure to go when
Used to go to the dance at the TA centre in Highfield Road, would that be same place?
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

No Pete Mate. The Boys Brigade dances were held in The Boys Brigade Headquarters in Westoe Village. The dances took place in the "hut" that was built in the grounds mate. There were a lot of local bands around at that time and most of them played the BB dance. The dances were run by Colin White and another guy, (cannot remember his name), both from the 12th company Boys Brigade in South Shields.

cheers.

gag.
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

hi homesick welcome to our boards
homesick
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by homesick »

thanks for the welome
i knew alan craig the drummer from animal farm. he used to live near me in corbridge st.
sadly he pessed away a few years ago .other members were alex jackson, bruce leadley
and i think mick campbell.would like to see some photos if poss.
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

homesick wrote:thanks for the welome
i knew alan craig the drummer from animal farm. he used to live near me in corbridge st.
sadly he pessed away a few years ago .other members were alex jackson, bruce leadley
and i think mick campbell.would like to see some photos if poss.
Will try and get a couple of photos on here for you. I got them from Alex Jackson to include in a book that I am writing. I do not think he would mind if I put a couple on here
comeonthen
Rocker
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rocker »

[iImagemg]Image[/img]
Here you go homesick, not sure if ive done it properly first time ive tried putting on picture site.
Rocker
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rocker »

Forgot to put names to faces on last pic.= Slesser-Campbell-Craig-Ramm-Mountain.
Heres another with Les Tones who left to be replaced by Kenny Mountain and the rest is history.
Enjoy =P~ [img][IMG]http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv21 ... titled.jpg[/img][/img]
Rocker
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rocker »

Thats better [-o<
homesick
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by homesick »

great pics rocker thanks alot.anyone got any of animal farm?
keep on rockin'
homesick
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

I hope these ones are to your liking
comeonthen
homesick
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by homesick »

thanks comeonthen memories come flooding back
homesick
rusty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rusty »

new Colin White very well same class at school sad to hear Colin passed on.
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

rusty wrote:new Colin White very well same class at school sad to hear Colin passed on.

Colin used to come into the little shop where I worked, several times a day for a cuppa. The shop
was on his beat around the Westoe Road area. He later persuaded me to take a class for the Boys
Brigade, in weight training. Knew him for a number of years but lost touch with him when I left
South Shields in the mid sixties.

8)
malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Post by malaymac »

Big thanks to all concerned for posting these photos, their brilliant and really get the nostalgia thing going.

What a blast from the past to see these again. If anyone has other photos from the local club and pub scene available, please post them.

I've lost count of how many happy nights out I've had enjoying live music, there's just something really special about it.