Gay Marriage...

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Should Gay people be able to get Legally Married?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:53 am

No
75%
Yes, but not with rights to adoption
17%
Yes, with full rights to adoption
8%

Total votes: 12

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Gay Marriage...

Post by Blue... »

I see that a few countries have given gay people the legal rights to not only get married but also have full access to Adoption as well...

As far as im concerned they can get married or whatever and live how they want to live as long as they keep it out of my face... but it seems like ever other day there’s some sort of talk about “gays” :roll:

Im sick of it and im sick of being told what I can and can’t “think” or have an opinion about..

But I believe they should not have access to any adoption... having children and a family comes from the bond of a Man and Woman.... that’s the only way...

The other thing that’s bugging me is... just because a handful of other countries all the media is saying that “Australia” is getting behind the times... somehow by not allowing gays marriage rights makes us a laughing stock... who says? ... who’s to say these other countries are going in the right direction?

We are in debt up to our eyeballs and is seems all some people want to talk about is “gays”...

Shut the f**k up already!!! :angry7:

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Gay Marriage...

Post by sherri »

What you said about 'all the other countries' reminds me of a time back in the 1970s when we were always being told by media that we were behind the times, not broadminded enough.

But in 1979 my penfriend from USA came over with her boyfriend.
Now, he worked as a cameraman for a TV station in Milwaukee, so you would think he would have a fair idea of what was allowable on TV etc

Well, their eyes nearly popped out when they were here. They said the general content and explicit s*x references and images were way beyond what would have been allowed or tolerated in USA at that time. Way beyond.

So we don't need to worry about what everyone else is doing and whether we are the same or not, only on what we want in our own country.

I wouldn't necessarily ban gays from adoption if they could jump through hoops and show they could look after a child who otherwise might end up in a home.
But all these calls for a 'right' to IVF by various people and groups. What about the right of society to say you can't always have what you want. It isn't society's responsibility to provide everything. Sometimes it comes down to people's individual choices.

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

When I was in my youth to be gay had a different meaning to what it has today, it was a criminal offence for two males to have a sexual relationship and it should have stayed that way.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

I don't mind poofters or lesbo's personally and them sha**ing and licking each other.

What they do in the cot is their business.

However to me marraige is a commitment made between male and female in the hope of a happy life and if lucky the raising of a healthy family.

What I do mind is the gay lobby group and how they flaunt their sexuality and agenda.

You would think that they would be more concerned about their health, living in the promiscious world they live.

It wouldn't be as bad if they stuck to one bum or one mary jane but they tend to mix it around a lot.

It's a no for me.
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Tweedlady »

andysfootball wrote:However to me marraige is a commitment made between male and female in the hope of a happy life and if lucky the raising of a healthy family.
=D> =D> =D> =D>

______The problem is,the way they behave in the street :shock: Holiday time in here & the Goldcoast you see them all!______
I don't know about the Sunshine Coast,it's been years since Hubby and I been up there, most likely the same. :roll:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

NO....

Civil Unions for property rights maybe .... coz after all that the only thing that's required.

Recognition for equal rights is the mantra they chant .... why? Like Blue I've had a gutful of their incessant whining.

What's equal in a same s*x relationship compared to a hetrosexual relationships?

neither couples girl + girl or male + male can procreate without artificial insemination or adoption.

So NO ... to adoption ...... & a double NO to Lesbians having access to IVF schemes & facilities.

2 blokes or 2 sheilas want to live together fine .... but STFU & go about your business & no one will

give a flying *#@k.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

yes tweed lady

but my idea of "poofter patrol" didn't go down to well with the local council
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson »

About as much use as an ugly lesbian .
Pilot voted leave.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I remember being in Sydney during Madi Gras and me and Mrs P were on that public transport thing that goes around the city I think each carriage held about 8 people, anyway there was just us two and two lesbians sitting opposite us and they decided to put on a show, made my day :D :D :D
I voted leave

tone
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by tone »

Pilot wrote:I remember being in Sydney during Madi Gras and me and Mrs P were on that public transport thing that goes around the city I think each carriage held about 8 people, anyway there was just us two and two lesbians sitting opposite us and they decided to put on a show, made my day :D :D :D
but would it have made mrs p day if they were two lads :lol: :lol:
There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.

Winston Churchill

Sandyman
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Sandyman »

andysfootball wrote:I don't mind poofters or lesbo's personally and them sha**ing and licking each other.

What they do in the cot is their business.

However to me marraige is a commitment made between male and female in the hope of a happy life and if lucky the raising of a healthy family.

What I do mind is the gay lobby group and how they flaunt their sexuality and agenda.

You would think that they would be more concerned about their health, living in the promiscious world they live.

It wouldn't be as bad if they stuck to one bum or one mary jane but they tend to mix it around a lot.

It's a no for me.

Good to have the intellectuals viewpoint.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

I have no problem with the idea of gays and their commitment.
But we need to be careful we don't interfere with the present legal definition of marriage.

Give them marriage, but call it a civil union and with only a licenced celebrant able to preside. That way they can have the ceremony, the public commitment and the legal rights, but keep it out of the churches. In fact ban these civil unions from any place of religious worship.
That won't please every gay rights activist, but it would have to do. There are lots of places that have their own 'entry' rules & requirements, so to speak, for various things, and church marriage would legally remain as between single men and women.

There is a fairly organized push here in Victoria to allow what we would call bigamist marriage. Several wives.
Once we allow the present definition of marriage to have one alternative definition, we will soon be under pressure to legally allow other definitions.
One of our politicians was under ridicule for saying that, but he's quite right-thin edge of the wedge pronciple.

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... »

Well that’s an extraordinary result in the Poll...

Maybe I should have put in an extra one for “civil” unions as that’s what I was thinking about as well when I said marriage...

But still... if you listen to the media, you’d think 99% of the world’s population wanted marriage/civil unions between gays and that there must be something wrong with "you" if you do not agree with this...

hmmmm...

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

sherri wrote:I have no problem with the idea of gays and their commitment.
But we need to be careful we don't interfere with the present legal definition of marriage.
i agree with you Sherri...Gays are a lot more excepted these days and i dont have a problem with people who prefere the same s*x , but i think Marriage should be between a man and a woman.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph »

At a place where I worked one of the men there got married to his male partner and they had a church wedding. I had not been there long enough to get an invite to the wedding ,though most people were invited and attended. I remember feeling distinctly uncomfortable with the idea of such a wedding and was glad that I did not have to make an excuse not to go. To me, it seemed too far from convention to accept.

I worked with the man for several years, and met his partner at some work social events. Both men were in their 50,s were quiet, dignified and in no way stood out from any other men at work, nor did they make a thing about their status. Apparently they had lived together for many years. On retirement, three years ago, they moved to Norfolk where they had originally come from, and are still quietly living their lives, very privately.

It has to be down to they way I was raised, but I still find 'the marriage' of people of the same s*x just does not seem right to me, but if I put aside prejudice, (not easy at my age), I must admit, it is not so easy (the kids thing excepted) to put up a really valid argument against it. I have refrained from mentioning religion, because I consider most religions as being so full of unreasonable prejudices as to only cloud the issue. "God has commanded." is to me, not a reasonable argument. (Sorry about that Global :lol: ) I do however accept that others think differently.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

There are lots of places that have their own 'entry' rules & requirements, so to speak, for various things,

No different from the womens activists that wanted entry into all men only organisations ... then after they had broken down all the barriers
then up pop all these new "WOMEN ONLY".. gyms & organisations. :roll:

There is a fairly organized push here in Victoria to allow what we would call bigamist marriage.

No "we" wouldn't call it "bigamist marriage"....... there is no push for Bigamy ... bigamy is a crime.... being legally married to
one person & without knowledge of that person you enter into another legal marriage... that person not knowing you are already married.

What the push for is "Polygamy" .... which would be legally recognised marriage of a man to more than one wife.

This is what certain factions of our Muslim associations want ....... but it applies only to men ... not for women.

As a teacher you should know the difference Sherri :P

I'm on your case today..... makes a change don't it? :lol:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads »

Once we allow the present definition of marriage to have one alternative definition, we will soon be under pressure to legally allow other definitions.

Yeah I can just imagine the size of the Aussie sheep flock nearly doubling when all the Kiwis get to bring over their wives that had no legal recognition in Australia. :shock: :lol:

Much like the NZ govt. bill passed for gay marriage recognition over there ... step off the plane here & it's invalid. :lol: :lol:

Tweedlady
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Tweedlady »

ONE THING I WONDER ABOUT........WHY THE "GUYS" CALLED "GAY" ( :roll: ) AND THE "GIRLS" ARE STILL CALLED "LESBIANS"?? :roll:

THEY ARE ALL "HOMOSEXUALS,AND THAT'S IT! (HAPPY AND GAY,GEZZZZ. :lol: )

martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by martymont »

If the adopted child is cared for and looked after by a same s*x couple, they will have to go through the same checks as everybody else and they could provide a stable environment for the child the same as a heterosexual couple.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

gnads wrote:[

No "we" wouldn't call it "bigamist marriage"....... there is no push for Bigamy ... bigamy is a crime.... being legally married to
one person & without knowledge of that person you enter into another legal marriage... that person not knowing you are already married.

What the push for is "Polygamy" .... which would be legally recognised marriage of a man to more than one wife.

This is what certain factions of our Muslim associations want ....... but it applies only to men ... not for women.

As a teacher you should know the difference Sherri :P

I'm on your case today..... makes a change don't it? :lol:

Yep, you're right. I just couldn't think of the exact word at the time. Bigamy was the only one that came to me. Old age creeping up on me, gnads. :D

Return to “The Corner Shop”