St Cuthberts.

Meet up with other ex pats
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

St Cuthberts.

Post by anna »

Is there anyone on this site,that used to go to St Cuthberts School..The name of the school has been changed to St Wilfreds.. 1970,s i was there,and would like to know if anybody that went to that school round about the same time ,,It would be nice to have a reunion, im not sure how you go about organising it ,,,so if any old class mates read this ,,get back to me on my msn add,,,and we can try sort something out ...it would be good to see every one,,even teachers ... Mrs Balfore,Miss Foland,Mr Swales,Mr Baldwin,Mr Thompson, [ christ not sure if some of these will still be alive .] but if you went to that school same time as me ,,you will remeber these names ...some names i can remeber of pupils are,Maureen Riley from the Hill.Michele New from the Hill,Ann Tieanin,[never could spell it,lol.].she married a lad called Ronnie,from Whiteles.Arther Fee,Martin Robson.. they were a rite scream together,,had many a good laugh with them..Richard Egan[who i still see,as he married a friend of mine]Ann Dolpin,Pauline Harrison,Janice Davison,Susan Stobbs,Lynne Nelson,Asliegh Jaggers,who was mates with a lad called Matin ?..both from the Hill..Pamala Carson.Monica Hepple,who sadly died at a young age ..was married to a Paul,who i think ,who once got his privates stuck in his sip,,,?.Brian Gaileb[spelt wrong,but u get the idea] Geffrey Slighthome,Teresa Smith,[think she is a nurse now] Joy Halliday.Karen Law,....Well i hope someone reads this ,,so we can sort out a reunion,, :P
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

I not go to your school but my Pappa might of.

He used to stand outside girls high school with big smile and big bag of toffees.

He always big girls friend.
I always value Pilots wit and input
Barney
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Barney »

I went to St Cuthbert's between 1969 and 1971.
I remember Pamela Carson and Ashleigh Jaggers, although they were younger than me. I remember Pamela from St Oswalds. Quite a few of those names I recognise, like Richard Egan, Pauline Harrision, etc.

Don't mention Fat Polland to me! She caused me no end of grief, that b****! Miss Balfour was ok. Mr Swales was my favourite teacher there, while Mrs Reader was my form teacher. She had bad b.o.! And there was Jek (Mr Chalders), and Rubberneck, whose name slips my mind. And Alan Smith, and Mr Todd, and a plethora of others.

I know they've had some reunions in the past - I went to one years ago. I'm sure they still have them - usually in the West Park pub.
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

post topic no.

Post by Globalmyths »

Barney, Curley told us that are an ex geordie and just joined. I thought I should come and let you know we are waiting to welcome you at the corner store.

Regards Globalmyths alias Bruce Douglas.
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

Barney..yes ,i was in same year as all them people you named,,and all then teachers..Miss Folland was a b***h.. she was sha**ing one of the older lads when i was there,,infact she got caught in a cubbard snogging him,, ..Mr Thompson [Rubber neck] was my Teacher, i used to feel sorry for him coz everybody used to take p*ss out of him.. I used to go out with Ashley Jaggers,,for a while,, its been years since i seen him,,but the last time i seen him ,i was shocked ,as he works out in the gym,,and he was huge...... I often see Pauline Harrison,she done well for herself,got a good job,,she was one of my best mates at school..I used to hang about with her and Michele New,Maureen Riley.. Do you have any old pics from School,,carnt seem to find anbody that has some... And if you hear of any school reunions,,please drop me a line,,it be great to meet up with everybody again.. Take Care.. :)
nesr012

Re: St Cuthberts.

Post by nesr012 »

I remember Ash, from 1962 when the family lived in Harold Street off John Clay Street before they moved up to the Hill, his good friend was Martin Stout.
Last edited by nesr012 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

So....it was you who sent me e.mail........ :D
the penny drops, #-o ,it takes awhile, but i get there ..in the end . :wink:
Tiernan
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Tiernan »

Hi. My sister is Anne Tiernan she is now Anne Mallen. I hope this helps. Kate Tiernan
Tiernan
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Tiernan »

anna wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:11 am Is there anyone on this site,that used to go to St Cuthberts School..The name of the school has been changed to St Wilfreds.. 1970,s i was there,and would like to know if anybody that went to that school round about the same time ,,It would be nice to have a reunion, im not sure how you go about organising it ,,,so if any old class mates read this ,,get back to me on my msn add,,,and we can try sort something out ...it would be good to see every one,,even teachers ... Mrs Balfore,Miss Foland,Mr Swales,Mr Baldwin,Mr Thompson, [ christ not sure if some of these will still be alive .] but if you went to that school same time as me ,,you will remeber these names ...some names i can remeber of pupils are,Maureen Riley from the Hill.Michele New from the Hill,Ann Tieanin,[never could spell it,lol.].she married a lad called Ronnie,from Whiteles.Arther Fee,Martin Robson.. they were a rite scream together,,had many a good laugh with them..Richard Egan[who i still see,as he married a friend of mine]Ann Dolpin,Pauline Harrison,Janice Davison,Susan Stobbs,Lynne Nelson,Asliegh Jaggers,who was mates with a lad called Matin ?..both from the Hill..Pamala Carson.Monica Hepple,who sadly died at a young age ..was married to a Paul,who i think ,who once got his privates stuck in his sip,,,?.Brian Gaileb[spelt wrong,but u get the idea] Geffrey Slighthome,Teresa Smith,[think she is a nurse now] Joy Halliday.Karen Law,....Well i hope someone reads this ,,so we can sort out a reunion,, :P
Hill. My Sister is Anne Tiernan now Mallen if it helps if can get her to get in touch. Kate Tiernan
Aud
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Aud »

Thanks Katie i was with your anne 2 days ago,another school reunion we are meeting on everybody birthday this year as we all turn 60 :shock: ...we usualy meet once a year but this year we meet up on everybodys birthday and have a nice meal..i hope you are keeping well .
Life is a Beautiful Lie...Death is the Painful Truth! ...
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

anna wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:11 am Ann Dolpin
Was that her real name or is it Dolphin...and you just left the " h " out on "porpoise" :lol: ...you can get away with murder when theres no one around eh! :lol: :wink:
My mate reckons he's going to a convention for retired shoe repairers today.
Load of old cobblers if you ask me.
Jeff Irving
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Jeff Irving »

Hi I used to go to St Cuthbert's had some good times still see a lot of old school friend's and still see Mr James (R.E.) teacher he looks you get than me =D>
Aud
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Aud »

champion. wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 pm
anna wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:11 am Ann Dolpin
Was that her real name or is it Dolphin...and you just left the " h " out on "porpoise" :lol: ...you can get away with murder when theres no one around eh! :lol: :wink:
Thanks for keeping me right chimp,its good to have friends who can spell :lol:
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

:lol: :lol: :lol:... You welcome anna... Just doing my little bit to help :wink:
Aud
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Aud »

Jeff do you have any school photos ?
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. »

Aud wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 pm Jeff do you have any school photos ?
Heres some school photos, i hope theres enough for you....i just dont know why you didn't ask me in the first place :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage :lol: :wink:
Aud
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Aud »

Nothing changed here I see 😊