Does anybody ever post on this message board

Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

Sorry about that Axeman I should have rechecked the posts.
Only a couple of names there I recognised, Nyberg I don't know a Phil, it was Geordie Nyberg I knew, I think they lived in Lake Ave.
the other name was Binks, but I was only young when I knew them, I think they lived in Suffolk Gardens or in that area, I had a mate Kenny Chapman who lived there, it was one of the girls I knew but can't remember her name only that she was blonde.
The only Newbrook I knew was Ronnie they were from the hill.
I lived away from the area for a while in the seventies, my main memory's of drinking in Shields was the sixties.

Cisco
badlad
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by badlad »

Good to see how a few names trigger some memories. I'd be interested to know of anyone who has any team photos of the First XV Rugby 1964-67 as with moving to New Zealand, I have lost touch with a lot of people in Shields.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

I have a couple of of Redwell rugby team photo's Badlad, out of the Gazette a few years back, but I think they are bit earlier than 64 67.
I would post them on here but don't know how,I've tried but can't get my head round it.
I could send them via email but you might not know them as they will be bit older

There are two names I remember in that time span who played rugby for the school, Jim (fatty) Ford and Colin Gray,who about my brothers age.

Cisco
flashman
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by flashman »

Hi, anyone out there? I've just found this site and registered. I used to go to Redwell up to 1972. Used to live in the flat roofed houses in Quarry Lane - which have also gone now I see.

I remember a few people from around that time including Barry Kamara, Keith Lavery, Ian Hobson, Irene Hudson, Susan Kerrigan, Anne Whitehead, Peter Smith, Ken Higgins, Joseph Todd, Julie Stevenson (or Stephenson), Jeanete McDougall. Also some teachers Mr Porteous, who used to teach Maths, Mr Sharp, French teacher.

Hope these names jog a few memories. :D
Axeman
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Axeman »

Barry Kamara rings a bell and the teachers of course. The rest have evaporated from my memory. If they were ever there in the first place.

I left 71 ish so I would have seen you at some point.

Have a look on friends re-united, lots of Redwell people on there, not all have left details though.
WWW.NEWHARTLEYSERVICES.CO.UK. SAVE SAVE SAVE. Swap to a cheaper, better service.
Play in an on-line lottery syndicate...WWW.BETLOTT.COM
captain beefheart
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by captain beefheart »

cisco, there is a picture on the friends reunited site of the rugby team during those years you mentioned, i also played for the team and i am sure you will recognise many of the people on the picture
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Hi badlad,
i know all those you mentioned so i must have gone to school at the same time as you,Martin Boyack was my best mate until i lost touch with him in 1974 always wondered what became of him,
curious to know about the golf club though.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

Jake, Martin Boyak was chairman of the Whitburn club a few years ago. His sister Tracy Dixon is a councillor for Whitburn.

Cisco
linda55
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

barry kamara

Post by linda55 »

:( those of you who mention barry as someone that they remember i do know that he passed away a couple of years ago. sad such a young age. who remembers his sister theresa. elaine saveraux, jean hall, jean stephenson, billy burton and many more they were my age and some i still see. who remembers lorraine duncan (skippy) and does anyone know what happened to her.
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Cisco,you must have gone to redwell at the same time as me,can you remember some of the football team?john clucas was captain,
any recollection of picky parker, albert eunson, ken waring or kieth dalton?
i remember the binks of suffolk gardens also the henrys and leslie berry.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

Jake I remember a couple of names there, Eunson Did'nt know Albert but I knew his brother Tommy.
I have'nt seen Les Berry since I was about fifteen, he lived on the right hand side of the cut leading in to Suffolk Gardens, I used to knock about with the lad on the other side of the cut to him.
The only Parker's I knew were Kenny and Joe Parker who were no relation to each other.
Don't remember much about the football team line ups, it was more the rugby I remember, see if you rember any of these.
Geoff Nyberg, John Sinclair, Micky Wastell, Terry Troughton, Alan McKay, Henry Wales.

Cisco
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Cisco,kenny chapman lived on the other side of the cut to leslie berry,i think you must be a year or two older than me,that makes you 54/55
i remember a kenny nyberg from farding square flats
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

You're right about Ken Chapman living there Jake, I knew him very well, still do, his health over last few years has not been good, stomach operations and stuff, but he looks fit enough he works at store in Boldon.

I did'nt know Kenny Nyberg as he's younger than me but I knew his brothers, (not personally) Geoff and Geordie, I'm sure the family lived in Lake Avenue.
You must belong the Marsden area as well as me.

Cisco
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Hi cisco,I lived at marsden until 1974 when i moved away from shields for a while,as i say Martin Boyack was my best mate up till then and we used to drink as regulars in the Lake,we ran the 5s and 3s team and some of the regulars were Arthur Smith,Tommy Waring,Elsie Taggert,Winnie Buckle and the manager at the time was called Ted.
Did you drink there at all?
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

I drunk in there a lot in the sixties, played on the dart team, Arther Smith was Captain, he sadly died a little while ago.

Elsie and Winnie I know from the Marsden Inn juke box room, Winnie was a real charactor in more ways than one, Elsie was a barmaid in the Mermaids Tale in the mid sixties.
Geordie Jacks was the manager when I got in there, I remember Ted though but I was'nt getting in much then.

I knew who Martin Boyak was but did'nt know him, I think he worked at Crown House benefit office in Sunderland.
I thought he knocked about with a small blond lad called Larry I think, in the early seventies.

Cisco
miss mighty
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by miss mighty »

hello my dad and his brothers and sister went to redwell, my dad is 50 now (I dont know the yrs he was at redwell) Im 26 and I was young redwell was closed and we used to go up cleadon hills, we used to bescared of of the school, I cant remember the story. I remember them knocking it down about 11yrs ago now. my dads family name is Finn, john, alec, gary and tracy, anyone know them, tell me what they where like as young uns please.
Axeman
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Axeman »

miss mighty wrote:hello my dad and his brothers and sister went to redwell, my dad is 50 now (I dont know the yrs he was at redwell) Im 26 and I was young redwell was closed and we used to go up cleadon hills, we used to bescared of of the school, I cant remember the story. I remember them knocking it down about 11yrs ago now. my dads family name is Finn, john, alec, gary and tracy, anyone know them, tell me what they where like as young uns please.
Hi Miss Mighty.

Yeah I knew John Finn, lived next to Jolly Stewart pub. Is that your dad??

If it is, tell him Alec Carrington is asking after him.

A bit of a tinker John.

One thing that sticks in my mind, was John getting someone to get him a bear hug from behind, whilst he held his breath.

This was a dangerous technique to try and cause fainting and thus getting sent home.

I even think the lesson was technical drawing, can't remember who the teacher was.

Don't think it worked though.
:lol:
WWW.NEWHARTLEYSERVICES.CO.UK. SAVE SAVE SAVE. Swap to a cheaper, better service.
Play in an on-line lottery syndicate...WWW.BETLOTT.COM
miss mighty
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by miss mighty »

yeah john (jack) is my dad, the finns still live next to the Jolly as well. It made me laugh you saying he used to to the bearhug thing, cause me and my mates would do it at school we called it a shotgun, we had an extra ingredient that would guarentee it worked. :wink:
lynn
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by lynn »

Jake wrote:Cisco,you must have gone to redwell at the same time as me,can you remember some of the football team?john clucas was captain,
any recollection of picky parker, albert eunson, ken waring or kieth dalton?
i remember the binks of suffolk gardens also the henrys and leslie berry.
i remember jackie henry who lived in suffock gardens she went to redwell with me
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

I left Redwell in 61. Used to play darts for grotto until I was 18 and then signed for Lake, was a regular there till I married and moved to Jarrow in 72. used to drink with Bill Cauwood, Bob Robertson and Adie Kerkoff. Went clubbing a few times with Martin Boyack, remember when an off duty copper Bede Macabe from Jarrow broke his nose in the taxi que at the Latino. The Nybergs lived in old Quarry Lane, I seem to remember Geoff had mental problems in his late teens.