the NORTH -UPDATED 04/05/04-GIG GUIDE

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

Lots gone on since, The NORTH Played the Archer and Hedworth CA (thanks to those who made it) as warm up gigs. Last night the lads played in a Battle of the Bands. Here is what went on……………

Last night two bands with origins in South Tyneside came head to head in Sunderland’s Black Bull. The night began with news that a third band had dropt out of the Battle of the Bands at the last minute, leaving a duel between Misspent Youth and The North. The lads from Jarrow and South Shields, Misspent Youth, kicked the night off with 30 minutes of Punk Metal played at electric pace. The North’s new line up, still fronted by local lad Grant Smith played 30 minutes of well appreciated Indie Pop. Before the winners were announced Sunderland’s talent The Hawks swept in at the last, not to enter the competition but to round the night of with another energetic 30 minute set. One of the Judges Dave Dorn of High Fidelity Mobile Studios stepped up to present the winners, The North with a case of larger and an invitation to the semi finals in a few weeks. New members of The North Noel Robson and Guy Walker, who complete the band, both from the North side of the river were happy with the outcome. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by G »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:Thanks for informing us of something that nobody is the slightest bit interested in...... :hat37:
Sorry to say but your a bit of a c**t really aren't you. Goodbye and close the door behind you.
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by G »

You've missed the point..........not that it is a surprise but nevermind.

What we are doing is what any band does be they a big professional band or, someone doing it for a laugh i.e advertise that we are playing gigs and hopefully some people may stumble upon us and like what we are doing. There's nothing more to it than that and I apologise if it appears that we are sufering from any overblown ideas of self-importance as that is not what we are trying to do. Yes we would love to do something with it but the likelihhod of giving up the day job is probably lower than winning the lottery twice. What p*sses me off is when complete tw*ts have a pop at bands like us for trying to put a few gigs on and miss the point. There are loads of bands in the North-East doing exactly the same and the music scene up here in general is healthier than it has been for ages. I don't know about you but it p*sses me off to see all the attention directed at Manchester and London when there is a lot of talent in the North-East that gets overlooked. Judging by the number of people who go and see bands up here (even if they are s**t) plenty would like to see it take off. One of biggest stumbling blocks is getting past the cynical attitude of people like you who have a go at anyone who try's to do something diferent. If you aren't interested fair enough but you can f**k off with having a go at something you aren't interested in. If you came to one of our gigs and decided to come on here and say we were s**t then I wouldn't have a problem with it, it's your opinion, but your bang out of order for having a go about something you ain't seen or heard.

I think that make is 30-all. Your serve.
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by G »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :hat37:
Jesus!!! you've actually said something that makes sence and is remotely interesting!

Whats your band called anyway or don't you have the bottle to publicise it in case people find out how sh*te you are?
thenorth
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by thenorth »

thenorth are playing tonight, 9pm at The Bonded Warehouse in Sunderland, £2 on the door.

This gig one of two spots slipped between studio time, with the first album due around Easter.

The website is near completion and an opportunity for people to join the mailing list is available at http://www.thenorth-music.com

If you are yet to see the band, they play their own tunes and occasionally add modern covers in to the set depending on the venue. The band is proud of the tunes they are writing which stand up well when played alongside modern classics.

I don’t think it is fair for me to describe the music, hopefully you will come along, judge for yourself and tell us all what you think
The music does the talking
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

Have a listen and let me know what you think good or bad. Suggest you start with Come Undone but please listen to the 3 tunes cos I reckon they are all different.

http://www.overplay.com/band.asp?band_id=1002082

haway man someone have a listen!

anyone got any feedback yet? even if you think it's sh*te