lost and found again?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

siam sam
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

lost and found again?

Post by siam sam » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:17 pm

another surprise visitor arrived in my garden today, a racing pigeon, with an injury to its wing took it to the vet who is sorting it out and contacting the owner. after white rabbits and now birds going to have a sign made all lost and injured animals please check in here. :D
zip me up in my oilskins and jumper.
no more down the docks i'll be seen.
just tell me old shipmates.
i'm taking a trip mates.
and i'll see them on fiddler' green.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: lost and found again?

Post by ralph » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:33 am

siam sam wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:17 pm
another surprise visitor arrived in my garden today, a racing pigeon, with an injury to its wing took it to the vet who is sorting it out and contacting the owner. after white rabbits and now birds going to have a sign made all lost and injured animals please check in here. :D

Sam, the bird is doomed! I have a friend whose father was for many years a 'pigeon fancier' as they are sometimes wont to call themselves, and he told me that if a pigeon fails in anyway: for example failing to return from a race, their necks are wrung! There is little room for sentiment among them. just as when greyhounds or hunting hounds have become old, they are despatched without gratitude or mercy. :-( You just have to despair at some human behaviour.

Return to “The Corner Shop”