Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Christmas present

Post by Jake »

My wife bought me a great Christmas present,a routemaster London bus,
I thought that i may help the local community,schools and old folks homes and take them out on trips as i bet not many of them have had a ride on a real London red bus,
but guess what the namby pamby health and safety people have put the stop to that idea they said that they could not allow school trips to go ahead on the bus as there are no doors at the back and the kids might fall off...what... i said tell the little bas*ards to sit down while the bus is moving and they will not fall off,i said no one seems to be bothered about kids falling of my bus when i am running my normal service and collecting fares,but it seems thats OK its just private hire buses that they are strict with,
I had the same response when i contacted the old folks homes they said that most of the old gits they had were too disabled to get on that type of bus and that is why they have been taken out of service in London,i said i know that but they seem able enough to get on the bus and go down street to clog up the banks and post offices on my normal service bus,

So i thought stuff it i try to help people and thats the response,but the £70,000 my wife spent on buying me the bus will not be wasted i have parked it on my driveway to the great annoyance of my neighbours and i will drive it around empty when i am not driving my service bus.

So if you see a red London bus driving around Shields give me a wave but you cannot get on.
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

I agree with you Jake. Bloody moaners! My neighbours p*ssed me off so much in London, I was going to buy a 36ft Winebago and park it in our narrow Cul De Sac, just so they could not get in or out! :evil:
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
wakaman
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by wakaman »

you can keep your pigeons in it Jake...LOL :lol: :lol:

Whinger of the millenium
Jake
padlock man
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by padlock man »

Yes, it's a bit sad to see the end of the routemaster.
One of the unwelcome consequences is that there are no conductors to keep a bit of order now, so the yobs do what they like. (Feet on seats, eating hot, smelly food, chucking litter around, etc.)
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

All is not lost. Pull out a few seats, put in a couple of comfy beds, a table, a mini kitchen, a bathroom and presto, you are ready to do the Brits on Tour thing. You could take your time, wending your way from town to town, having a great holiday and when you have done England and Scotland you could even go throough the tunnel and wow them over in Europe.
What more could you ask for. :wink:
Scrappy

Post by Scrappy »

LOL Sherri, now thats a good idea.. :lol: 8)
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

nay mare keepy tikkitz eh.........................
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........