Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: brexit

Post by ralph » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:22 am

Rosie wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 pm
ralph wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 pm
Rosie, the 73 will be the ones representing us at the Parliament in Brussels and Strasbourg, the rest of them will be MEP's for the other countries in the EU. Of our 73, the UKIP ones know that they will be out of a job if they succeed in their main policy i.e. leaving the EU, the rest of the 73 will be dreading us leaving as they will not only be out of a job, but any hopes of further advancement will have come to a halt.

Opinion polls at the moment suggest that our major Parties are in for a shock at both the Local Elections that will take place in May and of course in EU Parliamentary Elections if we are still members of the EU when they take place.
I worry myself at times, obviously only 72 represent Britian but my little brain didn't comprehend that.

I can understand your politicians will be in for a shock come election time. I don't think politicians have ever given the public credit for being able to think for themselves.
Rosie, I think the way our Party system operates, those in safe seats never felt vulnerable because we tend to be tribal in the way we vote. Most people vote the way their parents did come hell or high water, but this fiasco has galvanised opinions in a way our politicians are not used to and may well leave them shell-shocked next time they run for office. I do hope so.

allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm

I watched a video of Germany having their say in the matter and they are truly fed up with the full situation that is going on in Britain, yes the government want us to stay and they will do anything they can to make it this way, too many brown envelopes going about. In the bits I could understand if we do stay in Europe Parliament will desolve as everything in Britain will be ruled by Europe and that means everything: To all the younger members of our country, this means Conscription for you, I think its at 2 years but could be 3...just something for you youngsters to ponder over, There will be no more protests as what Europe says, goes. Oh and we Have to take in all comers and pay them whatever, We won't have any say in this and the £350mil' we pay each week will just increase, There will be only one currency and we will have to use it no calms about that also. Personally I don't want this I am British and want it to stay Britain and don't need any other country telling us what we have to do, I am also totally fed up with immigration and Muslims coming here and making demands and Europe saying they have rights, well I say in my Country they have no rights and if they so much as stick one foot out of place they are out, This is just a little two pennith worth, but before we give into any of this government crap they dishing out We the People should know where we stand or we going down the Swanny...

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:14 am

ralph wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:22 am
Rosie, I think the way our Party system operates, those in safe seats never felt vulnerable because we tend to be tribal in the way we vote. Most people vote the way their parents did come hell or high water, but this fiasco has galvanised opinions in a way our politicians are not used to and may well leave them shell-shocked next time they run for office. I do hope so.
I hope so too Ralph. I must admit I have always voted the way my dad told me I had to and because of this I never influenced my own kids, I let them make their own minds up. They would ask how did you vote mum and never would I tell them. One votes labour and one votes conservative, that's their right but these days I tell them what I think.
allan wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm
I watched a video of Germany having their say in the matter and they are truly fed up with the full situation that is going on in Britain, yes the government want us to stay and they will do anything they can to make it this way, too many brown envelopes going about. In the bits I could understand if we do stay in Europe Parliament will desolve as everything in Britain will be ruled by Europe and that means everything: To all the younger members of our country, this means Conscription for you, I think its at 2 years but could be 3...just something for you youngsters to ponder over, There will be no more protests as what Europe says, goes. Oh and we Have to take in all comers and pay them whatever, We won't have any say in this and the £350mil' we pay each week will just increase, There will be only one currency and we will have to use it no calms about that also. Personally I don't want this I am British and want it to stay Britain and don't need any other country telling us what we have to do, I am also totally fed up with immigration and Muslims coming here and making demands and Europe saying they have rights, well I say in my Country they have no rights and if they so much as stick one foot out of place they are out, This is just a little two pennith worth, but before we give into any of this government crap they dishing out We the People should know where we stand or we going down the Swanny...
Allan, I get the impression you want out :D (that was said tongue in cheek)
Life doesn't have an undo button

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm

If our politicians are beginning to feel a little nervous about the next elections, The Presidential Election in Ukraine, where a comedian and newcomer to politics has just won by taking 70% of the vote, is the stuff of nightmares. :lol: :lol: :lol:

allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm

We have had Comedians running Britain for years.......

Return to “The Corner Shop”