So Much Money in Paint

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

So Much Money in Paint

Post by ralph » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

I was just listening to the news and they were talking about a young woman who is not far off becoming a Billionaire from the sale of women's make-up. Who would have thought there was so much to be made from paint and vanity?

Only the other day, I was recalling to my sister, how as a young lad in the late 1940's, when at my grandfather's house, I found amusement in watching my teenage Aunt and her friends, with a mirror placed on a kitchen chair which they stood on a table, they would prepare to hit the town by using a very orange looking 'pan-stick', colour their legs, then draw a black 'seam' down the back of the legs to emulate expensive unavailable stockings. Clouds of face-powder would be floating in the air while perfectly good eyebrows were butchered in favour of those drawn on with a pencil . A slash of red across the lips, a dab of 'Evening in Paris' behind the ears and having transformed themselves from bonnie young lasses with beautiful skin, into rather scary garishly coloured 'femme-fatale's, off they went to wow the local young men with their sophistication. :lol: :lol: :lol: Clearly things have moved on a tad. :roll:

andysfootball

Re: So Much Money in Paint

Post by andysfootball » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 pm

this reminds me

I've got to put a few coats on the fence over the weekend
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:59 pm

ralph wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm
I was just listening to the news and they were talking about a young woman who is not far off becoming a Billionaire from the sale of women's make-up. Who would have thought there was so much to be made from paint and vanity?

Only the other day, I was recalling to my sister, how as a young lad in the late 1940's, when at my grandfather's house, I found amusement in watching my teenage Aunt and her friends, with a mirror placed on a kitchen chair which they stood on a table, they would prepare to hit the town by using a very orange looking 'pan-stick', colour their legs, then draw a black 'seam' down the back of the legs to emulate expensive unavailable stockings. Clouds of face-powder would be floating in the air while perfectly good eyebrows were butchered in favour of those drawn on with a pencil . A slash of red across the lips, a dab of 'Evening in Paris' behind the ears and having transformed themselves from bonnie young lasses with beautiful skin, into rather scary garishly coloured 'femme-fatale's, off they went to wow the local young men with their sophistication. :lol: :lol: :lol: Clearly things have moved on a tad. :roll:
Actually Ralph things haven't changed at all ... that very things you've mentioned are still being done today .... there are reality TV shows ... some from the UK that demonstrate it perfectly .... You're BBC3 runs a show called "Snog Marry Avoid" .... it's full of it & worse.

You see more young women today .... dressing like "tarts" ... as we would say .... then I ever saw when I was a young bloke.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:26 am

gnads wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:59 pm
ralph wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Actually Ralph things haven't changed at all ... that very things you've mentioned are still being done today .... there are reality TV shows ... some from the UK that demonstrate it perfectly .... You're BBC3 runs a show called "Snog Marry Avoid" .... it's full of it & worse.

You see more young women today .... dressing like "tarts" ... as we would say .... then I ever saw when I was a young bloke.
Your right Gnads, they're still at it! :lol:

J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by J Jackson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 pm

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:09 pm

J Jackson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 pm
Fake News-Even Forbes are at it.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/artic ... magazines/
Ah, just a with those ladies who put their makeup on with a trowl, you just cannot believe what you see. :-)

Bubbles
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Bubbles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 am

Omg of cause things have changed,, I wish I lived in the days where I could chuck a bit of pan stick and
lippy on and finish of with a black line up my legs.... The amount of cosmetics available to us women now is horrendous. Start with a primer ,then a green concelear if your prone to rosy cheeks, purple concealer if skins dull, pink for under your eyes to combat dark circles the list goes on. Then the foundation, BB, cream, tinted moisturiser, mousse to mat etc whichever one a woman uses goes on , then the highlighter, then blusher, (yes I know we have just put green concealer on to get rid of rosy cheeks)..next mascara if you haven't been lucky enough to master the art of false lashes even saying that we still use bloody mascara on the false lashes. Now I'm not a tiny little thing with a dolls face yet I still I actually run out of face to put everything on,,, unbelievable

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 pm

Alright Bubbles who are you :lol:

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:35 am

Bubbles wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 am
Omg of cause things have changed,, I wish I lived in the days where I could chuck a bit of pan stick and
lippy on and finish of with a black line up my legs.... The amount of cosmetics available to us women now is horrendous. Start with a primer ,then a green concelear if your prone to rosy cheeks, purple concealer if skins dull, pink for under your eyes to combat dark circles the list goes on. Then the foundation, BB, cream, tinted moisturiser, mousse to mat etc whichever one a woman uses goes on , then the highlighter, then blusher, (yes I know we have just put green concealer on to get rid of rosy cheeks)..next mascara if you haven't been lucky enough to master the art of false lashes even saying that we still use bloody mascara on the false lashes. Now I'm not a tiny little thing with a dolls face yet I still I actually run out of face to put everything on,,, unbelievable
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, quite an art now.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:11 am

champion. wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 pm
Alright Bubbles who are you :lol:
haway champion

do you have to be so forward!
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beachbum
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Beachbum » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 am

Forget all the warpaint and show more cleavage.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Beachbum wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 am
Forget all the warpaint and show more cleavage.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Eeeeeh i couldn't be like you.. :shock: :wink:

Return to “The Corner Shop”