whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

The Royal wedding

Post by whip » Sun May 13, 2018 11:09 am

It should be cancelled so it should.

An obscene waste of money.

Somewhere along the line my Tax's are paying for it to happen :evil:

Money that could be spent elsewhere on more deserving case's.

I for one will not be watching the circus when it come's to town next weekend.

There are enough clowns going to it without me making up the numbers.
GB FIRST

andysfootball

Re: The Royal wedding

Post by andysfootball » Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 pm

around the world there will be over a billion watching

it will pay for itself ten times over with the tourists who travel to London over the next few years

you don't like London do you!!!!!
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 pm

it will pay for itself ten times over with the tourists who travel to London over the next few years

i don't like Glasgow either.
GB FIRST

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Mon May 14, 2018 3:16 pm

With the time difference, it should be kicking off just when I get the grandkids off to sleep & can put my feet up. (babysitting duties on Sat-is my daughter's wedding anniversary).
Looking forward to seeing the dress & what the high society people wear. I'll probably be sitting there, watching in style in my sheepskin slippers. :lol:

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm

There you go whip just for you me owld mucka....
Image :lol: :wink:

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 pm

andysfootball wrote:

You are quite right Andy. In addition to that, most of the expense of the wedding is being paid for from the royal family's private money and the taxpayer footing the bill for security. Most of the police and soldiers would be on duty somewhere anyway, and if it puts a few bob in overtime pay to some, do we really begrudge that? There will be many objecting to the cost of the wedding (not Whip of course :lol: ) who have never put a penny into the tax system and may well have taken a hell of a lot out of it.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 am

sherri wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:16 pm
With the time difference, it should be kicking off just when I get the grandkids off to sleep & can put my feet up. (babysitting duties on Sat-is my daughter's wedding anniversary).
Looking forward to seeing the dress & what the high society people wear. I'll probably be sitting there, watching in style in my sheepskin slippers. :lol:
Sherri, the dress will cause a massive amount of interest and it will be interesting to see how long it is before 'similar' dresses are on sale on the high street - at more affordable prices. I watched recently on TV as people speculated on what the dress would be like and they all settled on versions of the now 'traditional' white wedding dress. It has been more usual, when the bride has previously been married, to choose and ivory rather than white outfit, as did The Duchess of Cornwell.

Thinking back to relationships between the press and Princess Diana, and what Harry thought of that, I see that already we see shades of how destructive that can become: Meghan's father has been accused of exploiting his situation with the 'paparazzi'. This is now leading to suggestions that he will not now attend the event... and so on. Not a good omen for the future.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Tue May 15, 2018 12:24 pm

ralph wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 pm
andysfootball wrote:

You are quite right Andy. In addition to that, most of the expense of the wedding is being paid for from the royal family's private money and the taxpayer footing the bill for security. Most of the police and soldiers would be on duty somewhere anyway, and if it puts a few bob in overtime pay to some, do we really begrudge that? There will be many objecting to the cost of the wedding (not Whip of course :lol: ) who have never put a penny into the tax system and may well have taken a hell of a lot out of it.
Wrong.

i do object to my paid in tax to be used this way.

Why should i pay to keep those lardy dar nampy pampy silver spooned royals on their wedding day.

The olice would be better deployed patroling the street's.

As for the military.

Most woould rather be at home with their family's etc.

A coulpe of bob in their pockets. Shame the Military don't get paid overtime.

The whole saga of the royals is a book of wannabe toffs.

I pray for foul weather on Saturday :lol:
GB FIRST

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 pm

champion. wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:34 pm
There you go whip just for you me owld mucka....
Image :lol: :wink:
Cheers Champ.

A few more of the same could be the order of the day :lol:
GB FIRST

danet

Post by danet » Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm

I have been watching a few documentaries about Harry and Meghan with interest. And I must say, Harry has got ballz, to stand up for his fiancé, when the paparazzi were being quite nasty which brought Meghan to tears....and it worked, Harry told them to stop etc, I don't recall ever knowing or hearing of any other royal male doing that...I could just imagine, Harry thinking of how the paparazzi destroyed his mother, and then it was happening all over again.....he rose to the occasion, and I do like him for that.

They say, that the royals have to subdue their personalities, and not be outspoken, particularly politically etc.
If it is the case of not being able to be bold to speak, then their actions will speak...when they keep reaching out to help others, as Diana did.

I do feel sorry to Meghan, her dad deciding not to walk his daughter down the aisle only a few days before the wedding ......amidst the pleads, he must feel like a fish out of a bowl. Doesn't want to embarrass the Royal Family or something. Well how about not embarrassing the daughter?
It seems her mother may walk her down the aisle?
Lots of different changes with traditions going on in the royal circle, times are changing.
I wish them both a lovely life together, and I think they look very much in love and happy.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 pm

sherri wrote:

Sheepskin slippers?

You can't hide bogan by changing the name .....they're called Ugg boots. :lol:
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Tue May 15, 2018 7:03 pm

re: the Royal Wedding ..... I couldn't give a fat rats clacker

what's the bet it doesn't last?
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Tue May 15, 2018 9:03 pm

gnads wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:03 pm
..... I couldn't give a fat rats clacker
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 pm

whip wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:24 pm
ralph wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 pm
andysfootball wrote:

Wrong.

i do object to my paid in tax to be used this way.

Why should i pay to keep those lardy dar nampy pampy silver spooned royals on their wedding day.

The olice would be better deployed patroling the street's. That is what they will be doing - patrolling the streets, they won't be going to the party.

As for the military.

Most woould rather be at home with their family's etc. Anyone who works would generally rather be at home with their families, but one of the reasons a lot of lads join the Guards Regiment, is not to go fight in places like Afghanistan, but put on a splendid uniform that makes them attractive to the girls, and enjoy a bit of the glamour that goes with working in royal palaces.

A coulpe of bob in their pockets. Shame the Military don't get paid overtime.They Often have good conditions, quarters and for those who stay long enough, good pensions.

The whole saga of the royals is a book of wannabe toffs. Like or not, they are not 'wannabe toffs' they are at the pinnacle of the social ladder, and most of those I have worked for, behaved as you would expect well-bred ladies and gentlemen to be: kind, considerate and polite, especially to those working close to them, regardless of rank.

I pray for foul weather on Saturday :lol: Let us hope then that the foul weather hangs in a big personal cloud in your area, and doesn't spoil it for those who have made the effort to go and watch the wedding. You can always buy a couple of lobsters and a bottle of wine and watch it on TV. :lol:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed May 16, 2018 7:45 am

gnads wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 pm
sherri wrote:

Sheepskin slippers?

You can't hide bogan by changing the name .....they're called Ugg boots. :lol:
Excuse me, nothing bogan about an ugg slipper.
I just wish these were formal wear, they're much more comfy than heels. :D

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed May 16, 2018 7:58 am

gnads wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:03 pm
re: the Royal Wedding ..... I couldn't give a fat rats clacker

what's the bet it doesn't last?
Don't know.
It's an unusual combo, isn't it.
I imagine it has been approved mainly because Harry is not next in line for the throne. Plus-the royal family has had its share of disasters anyway, even when they have followed the 'approved' guidelines, so who is to say if this one will work or not? Let him marry the person he wants to.
I was watching a bit of a doco on Camilla the other day.
I know she never did have the 'star' looks that Diana had and apparently Charles was told she was not suitable as a bride but listening to her talk, she seems exactly right for him in my opinion, probably much more suited in interests & temperament than Diana was.

I was a bit surprised with Harry's choice as I wouldn't have thought she seemed his type, he seemed to mainly go for blondes in the past and society girls.

But I like what I have read about Harry, he's a bit of a character, so I hope their marriage does work out well & they have lots of happy years ahead.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 am

gnads

you stick with mary poppins

we'll stick with royalty
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am

I wont be watching
I voted leave

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 am

Thank heaven Ars* and twine for this.

Whip has now got better thing's to do this Saturday for sure.

No lobster & wine for me watching nampy pampy gits on TV prancing about like demented old Marys.

Rugby outing in Rochdale is our gender.

Ralph can watch the fairies prancing about knowing whip will not be whinging his lot over the circus on Saturday.

:D
GB FIRST

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Wed May 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Pilot wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am
I wont be watching
I'm sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to what you had to say about it after the event. :lol:

Return to “The Corner Shop”