What you doing this weekend?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by max Headroom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:18 am

I feel sorry for them too, just finished work after 17 minutes, normally it 10 minutes a day.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

danet

Post by danet » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:42 am

Should be what have you 'done' this weekend, as I am a bit late for this topic!
Saturday, I got up earlier than usual (about 6.30 am) and decided too early to do much, so I started sorting out paper work. Mid morning a bloke (via gumtree) came to buy a ride on mower without deck for $100.
Did some washing and hung it out to dry on clothes line.
Went to supermarket for some stuff.
Came back and made lunch, eggs and bacon on muffins.
Did the dishes and tidied up kitchen in general.

Heard the news by 1.30pm that the house that had been in the family (daughter in law's mother) for 70 years was sold at auction $10,000 above reserve. 60 day settlement. So gives son and his wife time to shift out, look for a place, as they were renting off his mum in law for 2 years.
Annoying thing is, daughter in laws mother has to pay $150,000 capital gains tax to government, as she was left the house about 8 years ago, and bought her brother's half share out, only to find this huge tax to pay as she didn't sell the property within 2 years of inheriting it.
Prices in Melbourne have gone schitzoid and it went over $1,300,000 at auction.

At about 2pm, had a gas fitter plumber come to sort out our HWS and to install a new one for the bedroom end of the house, as it takes too long for the other HWS to reach it and wasting heaps of cold water waiting for the hot water....(we are on tank water so very aware of these things).
Then when she (the plumber) left.
Took dog for a walk.
Checked iPhone for specials I like to buy online.
Watched a DVD "Divergent".

Cooked a meal, from scratch from Hello Fresh menu, tidies kitchen and loaded dishwasher.
Watched some TV...can't even remember what was on TV.....checked iPhone and made comments in Facebook to family and friends of their various outings and photos put up.
Spoke with daughter for a while about stuff, as she was about to go out to a ex work friend's birthday party at 9pm.
I went to bed early (11 pm) because we have to get up early and go to airport next day.

Yesterday (Sunday), got up about 7 am, as I have had a sinus infection, and glue ear that won't seem to go away, sought out 2nd last day of taking anti biotic with weetbix/milk brekky, still don't feel any better, then, hubby and I got ready to drive daughter back one hour drive to Tullamarine Airport by 11.00 am to catch plane back to Gold Coast. All went smooth with her flights and schedule, as we texted each other how things were going when possible (except in airplane). We decided to stop in at Ringwood Eastland for lunch, and had a lovely rice with sweet and sour pork, and lemon with honey....was one of the best, so fresh.
As usual, hubby and I separate so I can do my own meandering in shopping centre....after half hour, was walking towards where Travelex is to buy some Chinese money for trip next month, and see hubby sitting bored shyteless on a seat waiting for time to go by....so I encountered him and said lets get our money from Travelex and go home.
I ended up with 1600 for $401.50.....don't know if I got ripped off or not.
But it's done, didn't want to bother any other way and got it immediately.

For some reason, big shopping centres takes the energy out of me.....makes me feel tired and thirsty. So lucky for bored hubby that I decided to leave earlier.
Got home half hour later, (now mid afternoon) and put on a dvd "Insurgent" to watch......
I started cooking at 5pm, one of those fresh from start meals "Hello Fresh" then wached news.
Fed son's dog (am dog sitting), then fed daughter's cat (am cat sitting as well!).
At 7pm, excited to watch "The Voice" till 8.30pm. Hubby tired and went to bed.
watched some documentary about this teen kid that shot his parents, trying to understand why.
Then I changed channels and watched the last part of 60 minutes, about a rising start basketballer, Ben Simmons, 6ft 10 inches tall!!....hey Sherri, is he the kid you once taught at Primary School?
I couldn't be bothered watching any more TV.....went and loaded the dishwasher, checked fireplace to put in night mode just to tick over, checked my iPhone for ebay stuff and pricing compact cameras. Dog asleep on his bed. Cat asleep on daughter's bed. House full of sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
So I went to bed earlier than usual (about 10 pm).

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Tue May 01, 2018 4:25 am

My Saturdays are all the same as long as the weather is good. I am up at 4am, showered, dressed and in the car by 5.30am to get to the market and be set up and ready to go by 7am. We finish at 1pm and I am usually home by 2pm. I always enjoy the good company and if there are customers around that's even better. I have a young helper who keeps her eyes open and usually spends the profits on food.

I have forgotten how to put up a youtube link to play on the forum so have just put a link to show you our little market which is held every Saturday and Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQUY2NJlWmM&t=4s

Sundays is a day of r and r usually spent going for lunch with my sister somewhere overlooking the ocean.
Life doesn't have an undo button

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue May 01, 2018 6:50 am

Looks good, Rosie. Was that you waving at one of the stalls?
Danet, no, I never taught Ben Simmons.

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Tue May 01, 2018 8:22 am

I'm definitely on there Sherri

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am

$10 for a bracelet then spend the profits at Sportys across the road

Nice one Rosie!
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

danet

Post by danet » Wed May 02, 2018 1:10 am

Good one Rosie! Lovely video. Miss you x
Haven't been up there for quite some time now, spend more time going back and forth to the Gold Coast, as daughter has moved there now.
I remember when I met your sister doing the Eumundi market on the Sunshine Coast a few years back.
Must take daughter up to the Eumundi Market, since it's only about a 2 hour drive from the GC.

danet

Post by danet » Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 am

andysfootball wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am

Nice one Rosie!
:lol: :lol:

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 am

andysfootball wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am

Nice one Rosie!
It sure is a hard life :D

At least you know where to find me next time you are up this way
danet wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:10 am
Good one Rosie! Lovely video. Miss you x
A very smart young lady made that video then again she has good genes :wink:

Miss you too, we have had some lovely little outings over the years and I look forward to seeing you one of these days.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Wed May 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Been to Norway & Sweden so I have.

Unfortunately all work related.

Prefer Norway.

Norwegians more down to earth so they are.
GB FIRST

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am

Going to pop over to the Phillipines next week, have a court date and do a little sightseeing, R and R, then Singapore, might find the skytrain driver at Changi airport.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

danet

Post by danet » Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 pm

max Headroom wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am
Going to pop over to the Phillipines next week, have a court date and do a little sightseeing, R and R, then Singapore, might find the skytrain driver at Changi airport.
Looking at going to Singapore for first time, next year in mid winter. We are going with our son and his wife, had to fit it in with her work schedule and leave. So we look around for about 3 days at what the place is like. Always wanted to see Singapore.
Then go on a 5 day cruise from Singapore.
Would have liked to do Mexico, but to travel 14 or more hours over there, just kills us.
So it should only be about 9 hours ? (still long enough) to Singapore.

But thats ages away, I don't really like planning too far ahead but have to for her holiday dates she has to put in. It's a weird way that Qantus have changed the rules regarding taking holiday leave....it goes from the Monday to the Sunday, and if you go into one day extra from the week before or after, it gets counted as taking 2 weeks off. Big chunks of your holiday leave taken up!

How does it work out for others in the work industry when taking holidays and putting in a bid for the times you want to take your holiday?

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu May 03, 2018 10:32 pm

My son & his wife are currently holidaying in Europe & are in Bled, Slovenia. I am sort of glad I am seeing some of the photos of their trip after the event!
Here's how they spent some of their time earlier this week.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 pm

danet wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 pm
max Headroom wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am
Looking at going to Singapore for first time, next year in mid winter. We are going with our son and his wife, had to fit it in with her work schedule and leave. So we look around for about 3 days at what the place is like. Always wanted to see Singapore.
Then go on a 5 day cruise from Singapore.
Would have liked to do Mexico, but to travel 14 or more hours over there, just kills us.
So it should only be about 9 hours ? (still long enough) to Singapore.

But thats ages away, I don't really like planning too far ahead but have to for her holiday dates she has to put in. It's a weird way that Qantus have changed the rules regarding taking holiday leave....it goes from the Monday to the Sunday, and if you go into one day extra from the week before or after, it gets counted as taking 2 weeks off. Big chunks of your holiday leave taken up!

How does it work out for others in the work industry when taking holidays and putting in a bid for the times you want to take your holiday?
What ever you do don't buy the mushroom pies at the airport, that is what they are 100% mushroom and no meat, absolute rubbish, just about every time go around asia I somehow end up at that airport, its huge.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Fri May 04, 2018 1:02 pm

This weekend. '' Going ''

Got gig on and buffet at my mates Pub/restaurant near Whitby.

Irish music and country & Western bands .
GB FIRST

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 pm

OOOh poms in cowboy outfits.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 am

max Headroom wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 pm
OOOh poms in cowboy outfits.

No.
GB FIRST

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm

What perverted poms wearing leather chaps doing line dance singing achy breaky heart?

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Tue May 08, 2018 7:02 am

Weather good, music good, food good, ale good, company good.

All in all, fantastic weekend so it was.
GB FIRST

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 am

Did you get one?

Return to “The Corner Shop”