burndept/vidor

Local History for Tyne & Wear
butterfly6
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

burndept/vidor

Post by butterfly6 »

hi everyone, would like a bit help trying to track down either a photo or imformation on when kathy kirby came to the burndept and my mam iris shell now newman presented kathy with the first pocket radio, my mam had this photo but now its been lost could anyone help as it would be a lovely surprise as she was upset thanks :D
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: burndept/vidor

Post by Delilahcat »

I used to work in the office at the Burndept factory down on River Drive back in 1960/62. I can remember a Maureen Shell but not an Iris Shell. Any relation?
german john
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by german john »

Hi Delilah cat
My mother Nan Smith used to work at the Burndept factory in River Drive round about the early 60s.Dont suppose you remember her.I know there was a lot of people there at the time.
GERMAN JOHN
butterfly6
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by butterfly6 »

Delilahcat wrote:I used to work in the office at the Burndept factory down on River Drive back in 1960/62. I can remember a Maureen Shell but not an Iris Shell. Any relation?
no sadly maureen no relation but thanks for answering :D
hartman045
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by hartman045 »

My mother was a supervisor at both Burndept factories(Known as No 1 and No 2) from 1945 to her retirement in 1974. I left school to work there in 1953 as a technical draughtsman (apprenticeship) I worked at the Burndept in Station Rd first the n to River drive. I retuned to work at River Drive in 1968 until 1972 in the maintenance department. I vaguely recall your mothers name. I have hundreds of 'Burndept' photographs, she may be on one of them.