Post by fullofshit »

jellybabyjenbob wrote::shock:
What?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jellybabyjenbob »

Nuffink sir, honest!

Except you teach people guitar, you don't learn them.
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

My God there's a lot of handbags flying round here! :evil4: still flying round after all these months as well!

Seen Shine On advertised several times, still not seen 'em play yet (I'd still have more respect for them if they played their own tunes though, sorry, but that's just me!) so not really in a position to xomment on how sh*te they are (except for stating the indisputible fact that they are a covers band :P )

Jen - you do your own stuff? If so, what you done about promoting it? I have no connections with the music business and my talents don't even stretch to staying awake through a Damien Rice song :hat37: but I am a regular user of http://www.last.fm who are all about promoting new tunes, discovered a fair bit through them, including a local band called Scarlet Soho (made a journal post, got reply from someone who knows the band well) and a Canadian band called Metric

They've recently changed the way they do things so you have to download a player to get it to work nowadays (you used to be able to just use your own media player at one time) but I did that when I got the Audioscrobbler plugin.

Oh and fulofshit, see this thing that Nikki and Jen are having? It's called a decent conversation now f**k off out of it!
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

GeoNeil wrote:Oh and fulofshit, see this thing that Nikki and Jen are having? It's called a decent conversation now f**k off out of it!
It seemed like a pretty one-sided conversation to me. Still people are entitled to their opinions. Well carry on. :lol:
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
How old are you? 12, 13?
No mate yee must of clickd on the wrang favourites on ye browser like mister.:hat28:
:roll:
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

jellybabyjenbob wrote:Except you teach people guitar, you don't learn them.
Learn, teach, tutor, it's all the same. :D
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

GeoNeil wrote:My God there's a lot of handbags flying round here! :evil4: still flying round after all these months as well!

Seen Shine On advertised several times, still not seen 'em play yet (I'd still have more respect for them if they played their own tunes though, sorry, but that's just me!) so not really in a position to xomment on how sh*te they are (except for stating the indisputible fact that they are a covers band :P )
There's a difference between a covers band and a tribute band. The difference being that we work as hard as possible to reproduce the original Floyd sounds in order to entertain Floyd fans. It might not be as productive or imaginative as writing original material but it's bloody hard work but even better fun :) people appreciate Floyd music for what it already is, not what people turn it into. There's a market for it and we're just part of it :)
GeoNeil wrote:Jen - you do your own stuff? If so, what you done about promoting it?
Yeah I do. I've been doing solo gigs around the North East gig circuit for about 3 years now. I do promote myself (see my signature lol) but there's really only so much I can do at the moment. My own material is my top priority but you don't get much pay for it (which, amongst other reasons, is why I'm in Shine On & FunKtion (below) )
I have to concentrate on my degree at the minute too as well as other things. I've just put together a band to do my stuff too (Jen Stevens & The Hiccups) which is cool. Had our first gig a week or so back at the Red Rooms in Newcastle. It was good to hear my own stuff live and loud and we've gotten some gigs supporting an original swing band yay! :)
I'm in a covers band too, called FunKtion. I know you don't have much respect for people that do covers, but like I said about Shine On - there is a market and we're part of it. Besides, in Shields you're about as likely to get people listening to your original material as a kangaroo jumping down King Street (believe me - I've tried. Sanddancers simply aren't interested in originals). There's no call for own material in Shields, so we stick to covers, we do them well and we enjoy them :) it's good fun playing music that you don't have to really concentrate on, having a laugh with your mates, and its a good pocket money maker too lol :)

xx
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

#-o
Last edited by fullofshit on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

=D>
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

fullofshit wrote:=D>
You asked me a question, I answered it. If you don't want people to answer question then why the f**k ask them in the first place?

He's not giving me the creeps Nikki...he's just annoying me.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

jellybabyjenbob wrote:
You asked me a question, I answered it. If you don't want people to answer question then why the f**k ask them in the first place?

Ok, first of all, that wasn't aimed at you and "what" is hardly a question, it didn't need answering. I also came on here sticking up for you after seeing Ted Hunter playing guitar a few times in previous bands, I personally think he is amazing but it's just my opinion and can respect that people like Nikki doesn't like cover bands etc etc but there is a big market for them and they won't go away.

I'm done arguing and don't mean to creep you out/annoy etc so I shall be civil from now on and let you get on with promoting your gigs, which is what this thread is all about.

Merry christmas people
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

fullofshit wrote:Ok, first of all, that wasn't aimed at you and "what" is hardly a question, it didn't need answering. I also came on here sticking up for you after seeing Ted Hunter playing guitar a few times in previous bands, I personally think he is amazing but it's just my opinion and can respect that people like Nikki doesn't like cover bands etc etc but there is a big market for them and they won't go away.

I'm done arguing and don't mean to creep you out/annoy etc so I shall be civil from now on and let you get on with promoting your gigs, which is what this thread is all about.

Merry christmas people
That's funny, I thought yoiu were a pathetic little scrote with nothing to say who was craving attention, I even resisted posting a response to one of your posts. Maybe if you'd followed the thread and realised that jenny is [1] more than capable of sticking up for herself and [2] had already buried the hatchet with Nikki when you stuck your neb in you wouldn't have annoyed anyone... however, I think it was intention to annoy EVERYONE, including Jen, on this board.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

GeoNeil wrote:That's funny, I thought yoiu were a pathetic little scrote with nothing to say who was craving attention, I even resisted posting a response to one of your posts. Maybe if you'd followed the thread and realised that jenny is [1] more than capable of sticking up for herself and [2] had already buried the hatchet with Nikki when you stuck your neb in you wouldn't have annoyed anyone... however, I think it was intention to annoy EVERYONE, including Jen, on this board.
Like I said, I ain't arguing anymore. It wasn't really Jen I was sticking up for, it was someone else who is getting ripped apart on here for no other reason other than he is a good, hard-working musician.

Lighten up man, it's just a forum. :D
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

fullofshit wrote:
jellybabyjenbob wrote:

Ok, first of all, that wasn't aimed at you and "what" is hardly a question, it didn't need answering. I also came on here sticking up for you after seeing Ted Hunter playing guitar a few times in previous bands, I personally think he is amazing but it's just my opinion and can respect that people like Nikki doesn't like cover bands etc etc but there is a big market for them and they won't go away.

Merry christmas people
Ok...1. When have you stuck up for me? and 2. When did you stick for Ted?

As Geoneil said - Nikki and I buried the hatchet a good while back now and were having a decent conversation until you started having a go at her!

And Geoneil - I hope my post answered your question. In short - my own material is my priority; I do covers for the money and the fun/social aspects :)
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

jellybabyjenbob wrote:
Merry christmas people
Ok...1. When have you stuck up for me? and 2. When did you stick for Ted?[/quote]

It's not you I was sticking up for, it was Ted and I did defend him by saying he was an amazing, hard-working guitarist. Saying that, I wouldn't imagine that he would be that bothered about all this slagging and slandering.

I'm also glad you and Nikki made up. :D
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

fullofshit wrote: I also came on here sticking up for you
You've got a bit of a habit of going back on yourself (i.e. teaching guitar).

Still...I like you - You're sticking up for Ted, who I love to bits, so you must be a decent bloke :)
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

jellybabyjenbob wrote:
fullofshit wrote: I also came on here sticking up for you
You've got a bit of a habit of going back on yourself (i.e. teaching guitar).

Still...I like you - You're sticking up for Ted, who I love to bits, so you must be a decent bloke :)
I admit I forget what I type at times, I'm human. I was maore 'backing you up' than sticking up for you. However, I come on here to check for gigs etc. and found this thread and jumped in feet first. I am now saying sorry and go back to what this thread is about:

I'll be at the Office on the 29th. :D
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Less o' that Nikki! He's like a 2nd Dad! lol and I don't think the boyf'd be too happy! lol.

fullofshit - have you managed to get a ticket for the 29th? and if you have how did you get it cos a load of my mates have tried to get them with no luck, and I'm afraid none of the band are being any help either! lol.
x
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

hi jenny its zoe. if you are unable to get tickets for the office gig try asking my dad, he said he would get me a few but i think he is having to buy them coz there is no passes.
im sure if you phone him he will be able to sort you out. and if he doesnt ill kick his ass for you. :)
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

i think so, supposedly there is no passes. not sure the full story but ive heard that there was a f**k up with passes last year so there isnt any this year. me da isnt very happy about it either.