Anybody remember

Local History for Tyne & Wear
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Anybody remember

Post by Jarrow Pete »

baldy.smith wrote:
highshieldsman wrote:I think you have enough information already to find out what you want on the sixth floor of the new City Library in Newcastle which is the equivalent of what used to be called Somerset House in London.
You can find any information regarding births, deaths and marriages in the South Shields/Jarrow/Hebburn area at

http://www.southtyneside.info/community ... fault.aspx

8)
Never bothered much with the family tree, but clearing my late cousins bungalow I found some birth certificates going back on my mothers side of her Aunties and Uncle. I took them down to her and her eyes lit up and she explained how her mother had died in childbirth in 1930 and her younger brother who had survived 18 months later and she had no details of them.I went home and using the link Baldy posted I found and ordered her mothers death certificate and also her marriage certificate from 1916, they cost £7 each and I got them in post within five days. Today I have ordered her young brothers death certificate from 1931 and her mothers birth certificate from 1887, I am struggeling with my grandfathers birth certificate as according to marriage certificate he was born in 1886, but records show his name Richard Wanless as born in 1883, will take a chance and order it hopeing its the right one.