if anybody is online send a reply

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

if anybody is online send a reply

Post by Little Lisa »

hey its me again im sitting at work and im bored!! i surf the net all day everyday and after a few hours it gets boring, so if anybody is out there and wants to reply feel free!!!!!! :wink:
ImageImage
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

lisa when you first log onto the boards if you look at the very bottom of the page it tell you who is on the boards at the moment
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

ok got i t, thanx!! :lol:
ImageImage
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

What are you doning sitting at work and feeling bored? You should be working!
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

wow eventually someone to talk to!!! anyway im not up to much just waiting for soldiers to come in and ask for help about anything they need to no! what about you?
ImageImage
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

hey lisa, where do u work?
'Nice one, bruvva!'
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

i work in a army learning center in germany!!!! i used to work at the county hotel in south shields though, what about u??
ImageImage
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

i work in a steel plant in newton aycliffe. its good crack, good pay, but lots of hassle with the office staff at the moment over wages and bonuses

never mind eh
'Nice one, bruvva!'
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

i wish :D i work in a little office in the middle of the army motor pool and issue out books or help soldiers with college classes or sign them up for iternet classes, its great as i work with american soldiers and its a all guy base and im the only female.... talk about feeling special!!! :P :P
ImageImage
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

I bet you get a lot of attention there, then! ;) So, what pay and holidays do you get?
'Nice one, bruvva!'
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

yeah but sometimes a bit too much, like the guys who just got back from iraq!!! oh my god!! :twisted: i get $9 an hour which is good in american money but not in pounds!!! but its cool as where i am everything is american and cheap!! :D :D i get holidays all the time like 4day weekends 2-3times a month, i love this place, what about you??
ImageImage
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

that sounds like fun, so do you go to shields anytime??? :?:
ImageImage
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

i suppose $9 aint bad, its still over £6. Im on £5.50 an hour at the moment but it was meant to go up to £6.30 about 3 months ago. We work rota shift Mon-Fri days then Mon-Thur nights alternately, getting time and a half (£8.25 atm) for nights.

Weekend on nights is good 'cos you get Friday off, too. we gat paid weekly, one week in hand.
The reason everyones p*ssed off atm is 'cos everybody has recieved a pay rise apart from Pete (Assistant Team Leader on our shift), because of this new 'points' system. Everything you learn (cranes, banding, heads, warehouse, line operation, maintenance, health & safety), you get a point for, and your rise goes on your points. Pete was one point away from gettin a rise.
'Nice one, bruvva!'
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

yeah i bet you did... :5bowtie: i have been in ghermany since may 04, not that long but i am getting a bit home sick!!! :(
ImageImage
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

i cant belive he didint get a pay rise just because of one point!!! :evil: that sucks, people can be so pathetic!!! :wink:
ImageImage
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

Well his brother is our shift's Team Leader, and he told his boss to shove his pay-rise and his bonus (in April, about £350) up his arse.
The boss didn't know what to say... he seems to think money is everything to us floor workers.
Funny isnt it how we do all the graft and get treated like s**t. f*ckin pen-pushers do my b*****d napper in.
'Nice one, bruvva!'
Little Lisa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Little Lisa »

you couldnt be anymore right!! just because we work for money doesnt mean we will do anything for money, sometimes i wish i could show people like that exactly what i think of them, and belive me it wouldnt be nice!!! :evil: :evil:
ImageImage
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

so whats the music like over in germany? cant imagine there being many decent tunes over there...
'Nice one, bruvva!'
MC_Trilo_G
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by MC_Trilo_G »

k... guess i was wrong then

how old r u lisa?
'Nice one, bruvva!'
Elaine H
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Elaine H »

Yes, I am afraid you are very wrong MC-Trilo. An aweful lot of good music is produced and comes out of Germany. Take Tina Turner, for example. She is American but her music was all produced in Germany. Lot of dance music too is produced in Germany. I have a friend over there who works in the industry and I was amazed at how many popular songs actually originated in Germany.
So Lisa, where abouts in Germany do you live? I lived in Germany for 16 years before moving to the USA. My husband is German. We last lived in the Giessen area, and my in-laws live not far from Koblenz on the Rhine.
I loved Germany! Everything so clean and so efficient. We are flying to Germany over the Christmas to visit the family there. You will love the time running up to Christmas. The Christmas markets are beautiful. And have yourself some Glühwein, gingerbread and roasted chestnuts! The aromas alone are enough to get you drooling LOL
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain