LOVE MUSIC HATE RACISM @ The Customs House, Easter Monday!

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

Jen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

LOVE MUSIC HATE RACISM @ The Customs House, Easter Monday!

Post by Jen »

Some of you may be aware of the ongoing campaign being carried out by Love Music Hate Racism, on a Nationwide level. This weekend has seen the Customs House play host to a 'stunning collection of local talent providing the best in blues, rock, folk, punk, r&b, tribute bands and a whole lot more...'

The last event is tonight, starting at 7pm -

7pm-Remedy
7.45pm-Mojo Blues Band
8.30pm-Jen Stevens & The Hiccups
(9.15pm-Interval)
9.30pm-Crippling Jack

£4 for 4 great acts, with acoustic players inbetween. All acts are performing for free and all proceeds will be going towards funding the campaign against racism in South Tyneside. It's set to be a really fun night, so if you're free, please come along and show your support for this great cause :-)

Jen xxx
http://www.myspace.com/jenstevensthehiccups

"...extraordinary...A geordie KT Tunstall." Evening Chronicle.
"...poppy tunes by the skipful..." The Crack.
"...powerful and creative..." Chris Difford, Squeeze.
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: LOVE MUSIC HATE RACISM @ The Customs House, Easter Monday!

Post by jimmywizz »

hi jen, how did your night go ?
Jen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jen »

We enjoyed it, and all the bands played really well, but there was barely anyone there. The promoter who organised it (no names mentioned) could have barely organised a p*ss up in a brewery from the looks of things. He did barely anything to promote it, and this thread was really a last ditch attempt to drum up some local interest. He was actually blaming the bands for the poor turn out. Maybe he needed to look up the definition of 'promoter.' :roll: I, for one, gave him the numbers to contact a lot of the acts that performed, went flyering, put posters up in Newcastle, Sunderland and South Tyneside College, advertised it on here, on myspace, created a group for it on facebook...Sometimes it's just one of those things -A timing issue when everyone has run out of money at the end of a bank holiday weekend maybe...But I certainly won't be getting involved in anything to do with him again. A friend of mine hit the nail on the head last night - It shows the callibre of organisation and the mood of the whole charade when the one person you can hear talking above the act performing on stage is the organiser.

We're thinking of organising another LMHR do later on in the year, so I'll keep you all posted when we start looking at it...
http://www.myspace.com/jenstevensthehiccups

"...extraordinary...A geordie KT Tunstall." Evening Chronicle.
"...poppy tunes by the skipful..." The Crack.
"...powerful and creative..." Chris Difford, Squeeze.
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

Sack your promoter

And I hope the next one will be a good one for all concerned.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't