authentic curries

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

madfiddler
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

authentic curries

Post by madfiddler »

Are there still any restaurants / takeaways where you can still get an authentically prepared curry instead of the Pataks paste rubbish which almost every establishment in south shields seems to be using these days. I have been enjoying curries since the 70s and recently it seems restaurants and takeaways are taking the easy route by serving up this orange sauce passed off as genuine madras or whatever. Last night I tried one of the newer restaurants in Shields boasting of its authenticity and what turned up , yep you guessed it Pataks, I can buy a jar of this stuff in store and make my own but to be charged 7 quid! Come on someone out there must be still making them from sctatch, Bring back the the red ghee sauce.
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: authentic curries

Post by jimmywizz »

try going to the usha in burrow street, you will never want to try another curry house after that, its the bizz
madfiddler
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by madfiddler »

Tried the Usha, Excellent ,thanks for that one .
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

You would think they would be trying to curry your favour by serving you the real deal.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't