amazing South Shields

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

joan
Big Gob
Big Gob

amazing South Shields

Post by joan »

Having lived in Spain since 1984(and before that in ireland) ,I went back to my mother's town South Shields for a FANTASTIC 6 days with my partner.Everyone was amazingly friendly , the place was a dream ,just as I'd remembered,except the back lanes past Dean Road and down towards Alice St,though I was touched by the plaque on the wall naming some of the the long streets where my family had been living from early 1900's to the 80's. The fish and chip shop on Marshall Wallis Road had changed hands ,but I didn't care We spent all day either at the beach (freezing but gorgeous) or just walking the town from one end to the other .We stayed in Douglas Vaults in Barrington st.Stewart puts on great live music every night and the girls behind the bar are cheerfull and great fun,It snowed too!What more could I want .As we sang Auld Lang's .. and cried we made friends too.If you are reading this at all ,I'd love to say a big hello to Pat Ransey and Lynn who made my night.I'll be back in the summer .Thanks so much South Shields folk! =D>
Love Joan
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: amazing South Shields

Post by Globalmyths »

Good one Joan. =D> =D>
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

hi joan, nice to hear you had a good time back in sunny south shields
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

jimmywizz wrote:hi joan, nice to hear you had a good time back in sunny south shields
Did you say Sunny, jimmy. I was down today and the weather was terrible. Just as well that Shields folk make up for what the weather lacks.

Glad you enjoyed it Joan, most Shields folk are very amiable, and have always been like that. :wink:

8)
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

Sunny? But Joan said it snowed.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Hey Joan, join the ranks of "boardies" who check out the Daily Photo each day!