Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

funny as fcuk
Big Gob
Big Gob

Beware mobile phone scam

Post by funny as fcuk »

Beware this mobile phone scam.

You receive a call but they only let it ring once so you don't get the chance to answer. You call the number back and getting you to wait 'while you're transferred'.

The thing is it is to a premium rate number at about £1.50 per minute.

The number will start with either 090 or 070 so don't call back - you're being scammed.

Basically if you dont know the number don't call back, or if you do and you're scammed report it to the regulator.

:cry:
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Thanks for the warning.
JonnyRandom

Post by JonnyRandom »

dont have a fone but ill bear it in mind, cheerz mate. funny as fcuk wots ur beef wiv allan :?:
"So let's put on our classics
And we'll ave a little dance, shall we?"
The Streets
funny as fcuk
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by funny as fcuk »

FAO Jonny Random - I didn't realise he had a problem with me until I just logged on :D

He just seems to hate me cos I post funny stuff?? I though internet was about having a laugh together........ :? oh well
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

I don't have a problem with anyone; trouble is people have a problem with me, don't bother me though. Tell you what, you put a warning about a scam on the board, ok for the people who gonna fall for it, Bet you never expected to get the 5th amendment with it. If you ever get toothache put it on the board, you will get a reply telling you exactly why you got it' how to get rid of it' and how not to get it again; and this will be off one bloke, well thats what he say's he is, I got my doubts;>>>>>>> 8)
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

Funny as fcuk and geoniel,if you look at all little alans posts even on the football supporters boards he waits until someone posts and then says something the opposite until he tries to upset people,never works,

anyway just think of him as the village idiot of the boards always ranting but harmless,

You really have to feel sorry for him sitting in his room 23 hours a day trying to annoy people who live in the real world,always scared in case his mother comes in and catches him annoying people on his computer.

Best advice ignore him and he might just go away.
allan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by allan »

My My tinkerbell has come to life, we are having a discussion here tinker; now Fcuk off and read your Florida mags; What A t*t you are Tinkerbell.>>>>>>>>> 8)
funny as fcuk
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by funny as fcuk »

:hat16:
Dave
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Dave »

Going back to the origional topic...

If you do not wish to recieve cr@p on your mobile register your number with the TPS (Telephone Preferance Service)

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Or if by chance you get the name of the organisation wasting your time with this kind of cr@p, report them to Ofcom (office of communications) who are basically the trading standards for the telecomunications industry.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

Either way, dont ring up your mobile service provider whinging on that youve been charged for ringing these services, coz if your stupid enough to ring them, then you deserve to pay for your stupidity. :wink: