Youth Club

Local History for Tyne & Wear
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Youth Club

Post by Bandana Dave »

Now ya yalking Deka, "The Green Hut" Billy Powel, he kept wa all in check ha ha ! great bloke he was
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
Deka
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Deka »

Aye Dave,no-body took libertys with Mr Powell,had some great nights there,see if ya can think of some names as the old memories fading lol
Look to the future
bcaerurfa
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: North Street Youth Club

Post by bcaerurfa »

I do remember hearing that his first wife committed suicide. I either learned this from Ellen's workmates in 1952 or from my wife in 1956. Long after the event either way. What year did this tragic event occur?
rusty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rusty »

St Cuthberts church when in place on King George road,had small wooden hut.In this hut met the scouts/Guides and Brownies and on certain days housed the Mothers Union,i did hear an attempt to set fire to the near by church took place.The scout master at the time i attended was a short guy and good fun.Mind this was long before the News of The World put a diffrent meaning to the word Scout Master.Mind i do remember one boy looking worried when the Scout Master said he would fix his :toggle: :D :D
Vicki
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Vicki »

I loved the green hut, so sad kids dont have owt like it now
Vicki
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Vicki »

Myself and a couple of lasses from school were the first girls to join the bader boys club in beach road, around 1969 ish i was 11or12