SHINE ON at Temple Park Leisure Centre

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jellybabyjenbob »

Thought so...for anyone interested, Saturday's gig went marvellously well and seems to have been enjoyed by all. Woop!
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

as did the party after it, even if you took till half 12 and arrived with no drink! you missed our lill gig in his back garder... WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!! lol
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

as much as i can see where you are comin from spodge... the way i see it is there doing what they enjoy and there entertaining a LOT of people at the same time... cant be all bad now can it.
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nobody in the band is over 50...all of us have day jobs and none of us try to be 'Eye candy.' We're catering for a niche market...whilst making money and enjoying ourselves...why can't you just accept that?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

You really are a knob aren't you.
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

nowt wrong with micras... and i still dont believe you have an M series BMW. i would have seen it around since i live round the corner to you, and well, i aint. so stop bullshitting and get a life
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

i see lots of accords, minis and kas. wouldnt really notice one from the other. i want a motorbike but im under 21 so theres not really much point. ya probly seen my car knocking about, hyundai coupe, loud as hell lol. its also blue. ive also got ford puma, micra and a pug 607 that i drive occasionaly, i prefer my coupe tho, spent that much on it!

im gonna go on a 'spot the cars' mission now... starting with the M series. what color is it and what series is it?
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

i dont get it...

by what series is it i mean is it the M3, M5, M6... is there an M7 yet? lol. if its an M6 i want to be your best friend! haha...

oh and that pic is darn scary!
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

I'm used to dealing with hecklers face to face, love. I'm not gonna carry on arguing wth you on a forum. You come see FunKtion at Annie M's on Saturday 30th, Steph and I'll show you what we're made of, and you can heckle me all you like.

I just want to ask a general question...people are so quick to criticise Shine On...if you're such fantastic musicians that you can take the p*ss out of us, why haven't I ever heard of any of your bands? Have any of you been in a recording studio? played to a 10,000 strong crowd? have any grades on any musical instruments?

xx
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

im a passing wanderer wat time is funktion playin and are there any other amuseements on the evening of the 30th please reply or i may have provide entertainmaint to myself on the street u wudnt want that now id get quit a crowd
you cant touch this dadaddddada CANT TOUCH THIS DOLLY WORKIN 9 TO 5 JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A LIVING!!!!!!! WHERES MY MEDICATION??????
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

im a passing wanderer wat time is funktion playin and are there any other amuseements on the evening of the 30th please reply or i may have provide entertainmaint to myself on the street u wudnt want that now id get quit a crowd
you cant touch this dadaddddada CANT TOUCH THIS DOLLY WORKIN 9 TO 5 JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A LIVING!!!!!!! WHERES MY MEDICATION??????
focus
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by focus »

Because I don't want people who like Shine On (christ what a terrible name, sounds like a floor cleaner) to be interested in my band.
errrr if you acually wanted to make an insult there you should do research.....
shine on is a pink floyd song
'shine on you crazy diamond' and seen as there a pink floyd tribute band its a good apropriate name
so there.....
ever wondered how you get a hole inside a pice of wood when there is no way to get into it to make the hole without putting a hole through the outside of the wood
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

errrrrr "What's the Story Morning Glory" is an Oasis song, but a a band called "What's The" would still be a pretty crap name wouldn't it
would be better than calling youself morning glory!!!
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

jojoobi wrote:im a passing wanderer wat time is funktion playin and are there any other amuseements on the evening of the 30th please reply or i may have provide entertainmaint to myself on the street u wudnt want that now id get quit a crowd
Hiya :)
We'll be playing bout 9pm on 30th. Dunno who you are but..hope to see ya there lol :)

Jen x
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

I'm no computer whizz and I think I've done all these quotey things wrong, but you get what I mean...
why haven't I ever heard of any of your bands?
Because I don't want people who like Shine On (christ what a terrible name, sounds like a floor cleaner) to be interested in my band.
Like Focus said...get your facts right.
have any grades on any musical instruments?
I got up to grade 8 on the piano and violin by the time I was 11 years old, I have a Diploma in Performing Arts, A HND in Music Technology and a BA (hons) Degree in Applied Music.
Have any of you been in a recording studio?
I played in an orchestra fron 1998 to 2002 and worked in a recording studio on many occasions. I also have worked as a session singer whilst based in London.
Well done thats a fair amount of achievement there. Now if anyone else on here that's taken the p*ss has that much under their belt then please, feel free to carry on as much as you like.
played to a 10,000 strong crowd?
Not to 10,000 people but if I did it would be not in a tribute band, where the actual members are irrelevant. People want to hear the music and are not particularly interested in the actual members. If the ugly guy who sings left and was replaced with somebody else would you lose any fans
:?: :?: I think not :roll:
Err...have I ever said anywhere in this conversation that any of the band are that bothered about people knowing who they are? I don't think so. But since you ask, if any of the members did leave then yes, I should imagine we would lose a large proportion of the local following. And hey look - "People want to hear the music " you're exactly right. People DO want to hear the music, thats why they come to see us, thats why we're successful, and thats why you've just contradicted yourself!!!
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

spodge wrote:
Steph and I'll show you what we're made of,

let me think......mmmm.............:?: :idea: http://www.upsu.net/uploadImages/74/ginsters.jpg
Hmm...resorting to personal insults. You're really hard you. Hey everybody I wish I could be just like Spodge, with the personal insults, the big car, lots of money... Yeah, I want to be Spodge.

Actually, no, I think I'd rather stay as I am. Happy with what I've got, who I'm with, and the fact that I know when I'm older, I'm going to be nothing like Spodge. At all.
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

S.T.E.F. wrote:I'm with Nikki on this one, I'd rather be like Spodgey, even though shuz not getting a 10 incher these days. :o

the fact that I know when I'm older, I'm going to be nothing like Spodge
When you are older......arn't you like 40 or something :?: :shock:
Er...excuse you? I'm 18!
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
I know when I'm older, I'm going to be nothing like Spodge. At all.

I'd rather be like Spodge :idea: :happy7:
Fair enough since you don't know me at all...but atleast I don't have to resort to boasting about my income and belongings as a means of getting attention.
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
I know when I'm older, I'm going to be nothing like Spodge. At all.

I'd rather be like Spodge :idea: :happy7:
Ooh and look, people sucking up to eachother on message boards...what a suprise!
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Believe it baby.

me on the left, Steph on the right>>
http://uk.worldsbiggestchat.com/logbook ... 253365.jpg

me singing with funKtion>>
http://uk.worldsbiggestchat.com/logbook ... 508730.jpg

L-R Jen, Steph, Me (backing singers for Shine On)>>
http://uk.worldsbiggestchat.com/logbook ... 236147.jpg