SHINE ON at Temple Park Leisure Centre

Post by DarkSideOfTheSpoon »

SHINE ON
Temple Park Leisure Centre
Saturday April 2nd
Doors Open 7pm
Show Starts: 8pm
Show Ends: 11.30pm

This Shields Band are also playing at Newcastle City Hall on Friday June 24th.

http://www.crazydiamonds.co.uk/
This picture is from their sell-out Customs House gig in August
DarkSideOfTheSpoon
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Lotsa beer though!

I may be geet quiet ( or even new ) but I appreciate the 5 pints under me name. LOL
DarkSideOfTheSpoon
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Aaaargh!

Me 5 pints is actually 5 place holders for Pints, so excuse this lame excuse to work towards one... LOL
"...and the one day you find.. then years have got behind you - no one told you when to run... you missed the starting gun..."
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

get the preacher man to help u debil boy
you cant touch this dadaddddada CANT TOUCH THIS DOLLY WORKIN 9 TO 5 JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A LIVING!!!!!!! WHERES MY MEDICATION??????
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

SHAMONE MOFO THATS SOME GOOD STUF DEBIL CHILE
you cant touch this dadaddddada CANT TOUCH THIS DOLLY WORKIN 9 TO 5 JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A LIVING!!!!!!! WHERES MY MEDICATION??????
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:Shine On.......more like Wank Off! I thought BEDEWING were old hahahahaha!
old? my mates one of the backing singers in shine on and shes a teenager! so get yer facts right before you have a go at someone
billymorgan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

floyd tribute band

Post by billymorgan »

just a quick question who is in this band? is that mr woods upfront? I would like to talk to these lads get in touch please billy morgan ex NEXT 4n 20 BLACKBIRDS
focus
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by focus »

hey this band are quite good no where near like the real thing but still have some good sound
ever wondered how you get a hole inside a pice of wood when there is no way to get into it to make the hole without putting a hole through the outside of the wood
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

no its not for real its for wrong
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

i like them, and just cos there backing singers in one band doesnt mean there not musicians. go see funktion play around shields, and watch the lass on keyboards, shes one of their backing singers, ,and shes a brilliant musician.

also jo, real and wrong are not connect in any way, surely if you were tyring to be funny, saying no there for fake would be more approptiate?
bumhole_ferrit
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by bumhole_ferrit »

but then that doesnt make sense.not for real its for fake. ok ive got one.//////////////////////////////////// there we go that makes more sense,whats this coversation about anyway?
what?
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

i dont no iv gone wrong of my mind tryin towork it out
Big Nick
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by Big Nick »

Does anyone know what happened to 'Pineapple Head'

I used to be mates with Stevie and Fish when i lived in Shields.

Ta.
Red & White and Proud
OLDANWISE
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

FOR MS SPODGE

Post by OLDANWISE »

Having sat without comment for several months, the inane babblings of this stupid person have finally got to me.

To see what I mean, click on SPODGES name, and then VIEW ALL POSTS.

How sad is that? A litany of jibes and put-downs from someone who seems bitter, twisted and totally self-centred. Talk about stoopid :P

You asked, so I'm telling.

I, for one, will be going to this gig, and probably their City Hall gig in June; and what's more - I will not be alone.

If you knew anything about the subject matter at all, you would know that this bunch of people from Shields headlined a festival last summer, which was attended by over 10,000 people - the largest amount of people in the 18 year history of the Farmyard Party. Fact.

You would know that they SOLD OUT the Customs House ( another 450 or so ), SOLD OUT Middlesbro Theatre ( 500+ ), SOLD OUT Ashington Leisure Centre ( twice @ 800 people per show ), SOLD OUT The OFFICE at Christmas ( 300 ) and SOLD OUT their first gig of 2005 in Gateshead ( 150 ).

You would also know that they are donating their proceeds from their March 11th gig to RED NOSE DAY ( though as an accountant, your knowledge of things charitable is probably as extensive as your music ).

If anything, these guys deserve our support for spreading the gospel about the North East music scene and showing that you dont have to live "darn sarf" to be any good.

It's one thing to offer fair and constructive criticism - it is another thing altogether to 6itch just for the sake of it.

Now. MS Accountant let's check those figures:

A nice round figure; something I imagine you are familiar with, as an accountant. :lol:

So, it appears you should now have enough information to answer your own question from a position of knowledge, rather than one of ignorance.

For the record:
I do not profess to know the people in the band but I have seen them play 3 times, and I have seen the original Pink Floyd at Earls Court.

I am a businessman and music lover from the Town and some would describe me as a Dragon, but as a wise man once said ( probably )

BE NICE TO DRAGONS - FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GO WELL WITH KETCHUP :5shocking:
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't
WIGGY
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

COUNT ME IN

Post by WIGGY »

WELL, I CANT SAY IVE SEEN THE BAND YET, BUT I AM GOING TO TEMPLE PARK GIG. TRIED TO GET TICKETS FOR THE OFFICE AT XMAS BUT IT WASNT A JOYEUX NOEL FOR ME AND THERE WAS NONE LEFT.

NICE ONE DRAGON-MAN - IF YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING NICE AND ALL THAT

PS NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I CLICK ON SPODGES NAME BUT I AM A NOOB 8)
WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue
Big Nick
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by Big Nick »

Spodge,

Give the guy a break man. The way your ranting on makes you sound like a right T**T

Who cares what money people have anymore! Where they live or what fookin car/yacht they have! As long as people are happy with there lot in life, that's what counts mate.

I never thought Shields was a pretentious place until i started reading these posts, glad i moved away now!

Which part of Westoe Village do you live, St Claires Hospice?
Red & White and Proud
OLDANWISE
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

SHAME!

Post by OLDANWISE »

[-X
SPODGE says enough about herself in her last post to make a response to it unnecessary.

SHAME ON YOU

Geet Quiet

Re: SHAME!

Post by WIGGY »

OLDANWISE wrote:[-X
SPODGE says enough about herself in her last post to make a response to it unnecessary.

SHAME ON YOU

What are YOU doing for Red Nose Day then?
WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Don't Judge Something You havent even seen

Post by sewell »

I would just like to say a few words to spodge and nikki big nose.......

To Spodge...

You obviously havent got a clue about music, You havent even seen shine on so how on earth do you know if they are real musicians...Don't judge unless you have seen them, I have seen every gig and they are far better than any other band around here. And just because you cant afford to buy a £2.20 ticket for the metro to go to the city hall and see them you decide to s**g them off because you are bitter.

To Nikki Big Nose...

You Have got a nerve to call them old. At least they are doing something productive and entertaining people and having a hell of a time doing it. Try going to temple park in april and you will see how many people turn up to see them and i garuntee none of them will leave temple park with a frown on their faces. Dont Judge!!!!!!!
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

Why do I get the feeling that Spodge and Nikki Big Nose are the only people in this thread (apart from myself) who aren't in Shine On?

I mean, who else would cry so much over a band that doesn't even write their own tunes

There there....