cleadon Park

rusty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

cleadon Park

Post by rusty »

what ever happened to Cleadon Park school ? tried to find it using google earth but could only see houses ?
Toxic Avenger
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: cleadon Park

Post by Toxic Avenger »

The building is still there. It's now a community centre. they built houses on the school field.
isomache
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by isomache »

the only thing left of the school which is now a community center is the old boys gym, the old woodwork room and the metalwork room which one of which is a weights gym i think
Toxic Avenger
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Toxic Avenger »

Hi Isomache
only ever see the school from Sunderland road when going passed. Never knew the rest of the school had gone. :(
isomache
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by isomache »

hello toxic avenger think it was all closed late 70s developed early eighties yep there is very little left behind the front
denis
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by denis »

I thought there were 2 cleadon park schools[one for juniors and one seniors]the one on sunderland rd was CLEADON PARK COUNTY SECONDARY. or am i wrong??
Toxic Avenger
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Toxic Avenger »

Hi dennis the school on sunderland road was cleadon park Comprehenasive when i went there. It was called Cleadon County secondary school before that as i recently discovered. As for the juniors the only one i can recall is the one on park Avenue just off King George road now called Ridgeway juniors.
malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Post by malaymac »

isomache wrote:the only thing left of the school which is now a community center is the old boys gym, the old woodwork room and the metalwork room which one of which is a weights gym i think

If I remember correctly, the metalwork teacher was Mr Willis and the woodwork teacher was Mr Bruce.

The boys gym would most likely have had Malcolm Pippet in there.

And that would be in the early seventies.
isomache
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by isomache »

sorry about the delay have seen mr pyle never changed, also mr pippet he is a bit of a music buff. i might be sad here: mr bruce (wee jab) used to take us to derby street baths for swimming once a week on the bus (local transport and had to pay) he borrowed 4 pence (old money) off me never got it back destroyed my faith in the govering body. maybe why i am always distrustful of authority now.
barry
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by barry »

Yes your right only metalwork/woodwork rooms left and I believe are used as some sort of community centre hence the gym etc...and how could you forget Adolf Bruce (jab)he used to drive a little black ancient Austin a30, Kenny Pyle maths and a hard hitter, his mam lived next to my nana, and his mate Malcolm (pip) Pippet,and Ron Willis metalwork, head at the time was a Mr Mitcinson or did he replace Rallinson, (handy with a stick i should know) who was the art teacher allways said he was a judo expert? Westy?,and Ian S tewart physics teacher(great bloke) used to borrow tabs off me, i left in 76 , and I can remember hopping the 30 bus with Jab and going to derby baths.he learnt some of the lads to drive in around 75 bit of a mistake that!but he was really a good bloke he did a lot more than he had to. Oh aye who was the woodwork teacher? aye Spours, and Charlie Kickstart did the R.E. and history could go on longer but now i have remembered a few things i am off to draw up a hit list! oh happy days?
Last edited by barry on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusty
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by rusty »

I left the school in early 53 to join the RN diffrent teachers then PT teacher was ex army
Pog
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Pog »

yeah it almost all gone now the boys jym is still there
even the sanatorium as we called it behind the girl's end is a new housing estate aswell.
I left 1973
it was called Cleadon Park County Secondary Modern School when i left
the other gym teacher alad jones me thinks mr bruce also did the tech drawing class was it Mr Brown the art teacher
Pog
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Pog »

rusty wrote:what ever happened to Cleadon Park school ? tried to find it using google earth but could only see houses ?
yeah it all gone as the othersay the gym (boy's0 is still there as is the metal and wood work shops brucey & willis little haunts
even the sanitoruium well that's what we called behind the girls end has gone another housing estate
the art teacher was it Mr Brown?
i left in 1973 it was know then as Cleadon Park County Secondary Modern School
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Noggin »

barry wrote:Yes your right only metalwork/woodwork rooms left and I believe are used as some sort of community centre hence the gym etc...and how could you forget Adolf Bruce (jab)he used to drive a little black ancient Austin a30, Kenny Pyle maths and a hard hitter, his mam lived next to my nana, and his mate Malcolm (pip) Pippet,and Ron Willis metalwork, head at the time was a Mr Mitcinson or did he replace Rallinson, (handy with a stick i should know) who was the art teacher allways said he was a judo expert? Westy?,and Ian S tewart physics teacher(great bloke) used to borrow tabs off me, i left in 76 , and I can remember hopping the 30 bus with Jab and going to derby baths.he learnt some of the lads to drive in around 75 bit of a mistake that!but he was really a good bloke he did a lot more than he had to. Oh aye who was the woodwork teacher? aye Spours, and Charlie Kickstart did the R.E. and history could go on longer but now i have remembered a few things i am off to draw up a hit list! oh happy days?
Tons of memories come back with the names you mention :) , Mr Smith ( Art Teacher in Prefab ), Mr Wilson ( used to put pencils between ya fingers and squeeze a confession outta ya ) [-X , Mr Willis ( Metalwork and a Fair Bloke ), Pyle, Pippet and Codeye ( had no time for any of them Muppets ) :twisted: . Mr Stewart ! ( Known affectionately as James Bond due to his immaculate dress sense ), Mrs Smith ( English teacher and Mini Cooper Rally driver, Sweet Lady who i Loved ) :oops: , Mr Spours ( woodwork, put my mate Alan Stephen on a pedestal and taught him everything he knows to good effect ) :wink: . There was also a Mr Daws ! ( maybe spelt it wrong but i remember him cracking my skull with a Blackboard Ruler and sparking a riot ). Was there a Mrs Sanderson !!!, ( she Grassed me to Mr Willis when she spotted me and A.Stephen playing the Nick down Street on her day off, suffered 6 lashes for that ) [-o< , but the best was when Alan brought a note next day saying he was tucked up in his Pit all day with a Cold then told to go to willis's room :lol: . ' Happy Days ' . . #-o
cinderella
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by cinderella »

anybody that was at Cleadon Park between 1975-1980