problems with shops?

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

problems with shops?

Post by BigRy »

has anyone ever experienced a problem with a purchase they have made either online or in a shop?

I purchased a phone from 02 South Shields yesterday and due to being offered a better deal with the car phone warehouse I chose to stick with carphone warehouse, so I decided to take the new phone of 1 day back to o2 as it had a 14 day cooling off period, although they did change the phone without to many problems, the sales staff were quite sarcy with "good luck with your fantastic offer" as i left the premises whilst there manager looked on! I'd certainly won't be going back there in a hurry!
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: problems with shops?

Post by sless »

phone sales staff scary

bollox

they need a propper mans job
they couldnt scare busby
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I once bought a barometer in a well known Jewelers shop in King Street (Its long gone) anyway I hung it in my hall and watched it for a week while a low pressure system went through and the pointer never moved. I took it back after a week and asked for a refund, they at first refused saying that you can pay thousands of pounds for a barometer and what they had sold me was more of and ornament, it was sold as a barometer. Anyway I stood in their doorway for a little while and explained to all the people that were going into the shop, how they had treat me, after about ten minutes they refunded in full. :wink:
I voted leave

sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

my son went in to a toy shop when he was young and bought a toy that you threw up in the air and when it came down it banged with a cap in it

he threw it up and when it came down it shattered
he took it back and the staff said he couldnt have a new one because he didnt have the packaging with it
so i went down ripped a new one out of its packaging and gave it to the staff with the broke toy
and said you have it now and i walked out
i hate being ripped off
neil maxwell
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by neil maxwell »

My mother in law ordered a new bathroom suite and it was duly fitted. However, my mil took one look at it and said it was not the colour she had ordered and demanded it be replaced with the correct order. It was a very sickly looking brown bath, toilet and sink/basin.

The manager turned up with the duplicate order form and said ''see it says beige here''. My mil was very kind to the manager as she showed him that the word he thought said beige actually said sage. It was replaced.

Any way, there is a whole host of consumer laws now. If you have a consumer rights problem the council's Trading Standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau are available.
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

Years ago I bought a Ronson gas lighter and the first time I went to fill it the needle broke. So I took it back to the jeweller who no problem took it back to be repaired. It eventually came back and the first time I went to refill it. Yes the needle broke. This time the Jeweller was not so welcoming to my presence. But he sent it off to be repaired. When it came back he gave me a lecture and said I must have been doing it wrong. and he then went to fill it. And the needle broke so without a word he went to the till and gave me a full refund. I walked out of that shop with a big grin on my face.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by BigRy »

took out the offer cpw offered instead got the phone today and thats got a massive dent in it great! so much for luck! :twisted:
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

A good tip for all - Have a read of the Sale of Goods Act. You will be surprised whats in there and at least you will know where you stand. Ive used it quite a few times with good results.

cheers.
gag.
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Bought fridge Freezer from COMET. When delivered it have great big dent in side.
Delivery men say Sorry we will inform Depot Use fridge till replacement turn up.

Three days later they return with undented fridge.

COMET Bloomin good firm. It would have been better with undented first fridge but what the hell.. s**t happens.
I always value Pilots wit and input
Adam
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Adam »

blinking hek memor are you still alive, ive been to iraq and back