baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

I could do with some blocks to stand on Mr A :lol:

8)
Barney
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Barney »

Why don't you lot vote for a change in Shields?
It's been Labour for so long, and it's so ingrained into the town's psyche, I bet not many even remember it used to be a Liberal stronghold.
And there were plenty of jobs then.
You DO have a choice, you know!

In any case, it seems to me that the there's always a lot of bitching, but not much effort to make a change. Maggie may have done the country some good as a whole, but she decimated the heavy industries of the north east. I was unemployed for three and a half years, thanks to her policies, but I eventually got smart and learned a new profession - thanks to ET. Now, in a mainly Liberal-run country, I'm doing quite well, thank you.

It really seems to me, if the Tories p*ss you off, and the Labour p*ss you off, then send 'em both a message, and elect another party to run the country for a while. That's a stronger, better message than whining on message boards you can guarantee your MP will never look at. It works in Canada, take my word for it.
Jim_in_France
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jim_in_France »

Thats what I think. New Labour are lefty Conservatives and Conservatives are Right wing Conservatives. All proved to be shyte and nothing more than elected dictators. So go for the Libs. Or better still! The Green Party. No one could do as much damage as the last lot's and it would be a bloody good wake up call to the lot of them.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."

Oscar Wilde
Jake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jake »

mr-angry wrote:Jake, how did you lose a years wages through Thatcher?
Did she make you go on strike?
Thats right she did not make me go on strike,
Thing is I fully supported the strike we were fighting to save jobs and communties, not for more money, Thatcher wanted to smash the unions, so what better way to start than smash the biggest and strongest.

The sad thing about it, she did not smash the unions alone, she did it with the help of fellow workers, (scabs), the media, the Labour party leadership and a general public who could not give a damn.
Mostly she was helped by the police force who had been given massive pay rises prior to the strike and the army who provided soldiers to act and dress as policemen.
Scrappy

Post by Scrappy »

Sounds like Our prime minister is trying to do the same thing, get rid of all the unions, privatise bloody everything, Grrrrr.Sounds like all Iv read about her, she broke Britain...She was a hard women..I hope aussie does not go the same way.
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I find it incredible that a country like ours with huge reserves of coal, now, due to the Thatcher beasts policies, has to import coal from around the world. Yes it achieved her aim of destroying the miners and their union, but at what cost to Britain? Others now control our fuel supplies and we at their mercy, coastal pits once flooded are lost forever.
I voted leave

smb
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

hmm

Post by smb »

i wish she was still in power now.
she wouldnt have had all these immagrants coming and flooding our country. more housing needed lets build it on up. and the lies weve been told that they are good for the economy? whose certainly not mine. theyre flooding the construction industry bringing wages down to low. puts me out of work so is that good for the economy.? :lol: :lol: :lol:
we dont need those people here. labour have been one big failure.like they were in the mid 70s.
HaWaY Yu bug*er EvErYoNe gEt dOoN FrIdAy nEeT Gan tO ThE ToOn.
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

As I have said before it was a Tory government that initiated mass immigration to this country in the 1950s, it was the Tories who took us into the Common Market (Now known as the EU) and most of the immigrants flooding the building trade are coming from the new expanded EU. Its fine to blame the government of the day for everything, but it is simplistic.
I voted leave

captain beefheart
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by captain beefheart »

Hey Pilot, Thatcher didn't close Ellington or Selby
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

You're right Captain, she was a saint and we all loved her. :x :^o
I voted leave

loadedpistols
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

WELL.

Post by loadedpistols »

SHE WAS TWENTY TIMES BETTER THAN THE CREEP YOU HAVE NOW.THE NEXT ONES EVEN WORSE.ENGLAND RUN BY A JOCK.the falklands war at least had a purpose behind it but what about tonys war in iraq.
this govenrment are a total farce and above all ....they are tories.
things ,can only get better?
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Barney wrote:Why don't you lot vote for a change in Shields?
It's been Labour for so long,

It really seems to me, if the Tories p*ss you off, and the Labour p*ss you off, then send 'em both a message, and elect another party to run the country for a while. That's a stronger, better message than whining on message boards you can guarantee your MP will never look at. It works in Canada, take my word for it.
Do what I will be doing vote for a party that will put the Great back into Britain, the BNP.
mr-angry
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by mr-angry »

Jake, you lot thought you were invincible, only that time you came up
against something a bit more substantial.
You all got a very generous redundancy package, you were also giving
jobs outside the industry, offshore, interconnections, blah blah.
So don't give me any of your " hard done by" miners rubbish.

PS hows the claim going for the white finger. :wink:
South Shields, I was born here, and I'll d*e here
little_tata
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by little_tata »

the falklands war at least had a purpose behind it

I agree - we need the Falklands for strategic sheep activities, and the training of anti-terrorist sniffing penguins.

....Or was it for oil??
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

I read somewhere that we could have given each resident of the Falklands £1,000,000 each and a new house in the Uk and saved money, however I agree we can't let another country take an island of ours by force. But I don't agree that we should be expected to prop the islands up forever.
I voted leave