Brain teasers

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Brain teasers

Post by sherri »

Any of you with spare time might have some fun with these. I stole them from a local board, but hey. The net is for sharing.

How about a few Brain Teasers:

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain
you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.
JonnyRandom

Post by JonnyRandom »

6. It is isnt actually a paragraph as it is divided into two sections.
Dani_cx
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Dani_cx »

3. The water is in ice form
down,set,go
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri »

answers(that is only fair, isn't it ?) LOL

1. Yes, the dead lions. I misread this myself and thought it said 3 days-thought they might be ravenous by then, but still chose them. beats being shot anyway, you have a chance to win with a lion (and no.. I haven't actually had a chance to test that little theory out)

2.Photograph-shoots her husband, holds the shot under water to develop, hangs it to dry.

3.Freeze one jug, yes, someone got it right :-)

4. coal apparently.

5.Yestrerday, today and tomorrow.

6.Letter E, the most commonly used letter in English, has not been used in it.