Huntley to sue?

Leave your remarks about life in South Shields / South Tyneside

Moderator: andysfootball

average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Huntley to sue?

Post by average len »

My mate down in London tells me he's seen a report in a local paper that Ian Huntley may be suing Belmarsh prison for compensation over the recent attack on him by another prisoner. Huntley reckons the warders failed in their duty to protect him, and he should have compensation. He'll be applying for legal aid, it seems.

It's not definite at the moment, but if he does get leave to appeal, plus a nice bundle of public money for legal costs, I reckon the rest of us might as well give up. We'll have reached the end of the road.
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Dear ^Rennaps. How can you be so sure he wont get compensation? Wasn't there that case of the convicted p********e who stubbed his toe in the shower, and got £20K for his trouble?

I won't be surprised if our friend Ian H gets it, too.
gazza
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gazza »

hey............aptlee put............hoo`z goin tuh foot thu bill..................
us thatz hoo............................plus a grand a week tuh keep
thu sik f##k away from wah kidz...........eh....
WUH ALL LIVE IN TONEE FLAIR`Z PRISON...........what other good
ideaz will seep across thu atlantic from our great amerian couzinz.....
i wonda...........................
.......GET-ME-A-RUM-INSTEAD........
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Even if he doesn't get the old compo, if he's allowed to try some grasping lawyer will get paid anyway. The lawyer wont care about the result so long as he gets paid through legal aid. How much will that cost us?
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Cherry, I take your point. But cunning lawyers can always find "grounds" for action, and all they have to do is spin the case out for as long as they can, and the cash rolls in. They dont have to give a fart about the result, they get paid anyway.

So what about: no win, no fee?
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

When I see title of post I really curious.
HUNTLEY TO SUE
I thought Huntley was going to have s*x change operation and going to call himself Sue.

I so glad you explained everything. Although for what he did to those little girls. Maybe he should have his Gonads sawn off with rust tin can. Without aneasthetic .
Memor
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

I write lots of sensible things. I think maybe they to suttle for you.
Memor
funny as fcuk
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by funny as fcuk »

He's a sick barsteward, and her as well.

They both should be shot :( I don't like violence but this is all they understand.
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

My London mate now tells me he's read that the Warders Organisation has said that Huntley does not intend to sue.

Let's hope so.
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Nothing more heard about any plan of Huntly to sue, but did you read how some people want make prison warders call all murderers "Mister"?

Isn't that barmy? Yes, Mister Huntley. No, Mister Whiting. Three bags full, Mister Jack The Ripper.

Dont these w*nkers have anything better to do than come up with stupid ideas like this?
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Very good, Rennaps, a most amusing witticism! (Sounds of someone dying of mirth.)

But seriously, it's a pretty horrible proposal, isn't it?
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Cherry:
1. Can you imagine the effect on warders' morale having to crawl to a monster like Huntley in this way?
2. How are you supposed to keep these scum in order and maintain discipline if you're not even allowed to speak to them sharply and with real authority?
3. Vermin like Bady, Huntley, etc., do not DESERVE to be called Mister. That's a term of polite respect we keep for normal members of our society.
Podgy Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Podgy Pete »

I can tell you this for nothing.
No Prison Officer is going to call a con sir. Doesn't matter how many times he's ordered to do so.

PP
Life is not a rehearsal.

You only have one shot at it.
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Ravaan:

Quote: "I'm sure the warders'd much rather call him Mr. Huntley than Ian."

that's the point; they don't have to call him either Ian or Mister Huntley - they just call him Huntley.

And the idiot woman that came up with this proposal has also said the warders don't relate enough to the inmates, and the inmates have to wait too long to get articles they've ordered delivered, and so on.

Perhaps we should give Huntley - oh dear, I'm so sorry, MISTER Huntley - compensation for having the nerve to lock him up in the first place.
Last edited by average len on Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

The latest loony proposal, to let criminals vote.

"Tell me, Mister Huntley, what should government policy be on convicted child murderesr?"

"Well, colour televisions, and visits to Alton Towers, and loads of pocket money, and very early release. That's what I'll be voting for, anyway."

"Thank you."

"Thank you what?"

"Sorry; thank you SIR."

Wonderful world, ennit?
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

What do you mean Daily Mail fluff.

The Mail reported that this proposal has been made. This proposal has been made, so the Mail is merely telling the truth. How is that "fluff"?
average len
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by average len »

Cherry Phosphate: Ah right; It's somebody else's fluff, not the Mail's. OK.