BENHAM FAMILY SO/SHIELDS

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
gtirbri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

manny and brenda

Post by gtirbri »

I used to knock about with Karl Scarvold, Brenda,s younger brother and I also know Manny

Bri
gtirbri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gtirbri »

I have been and visited david saunders now. Brenda and manny split up for reasons I wont go into unless private, Brenda may still live on the mile end road estate. Her mother and father lived in coston drive but I think the father died, I will ask my mother she lives a few doors away. I think Karl lives up marden somewhere
urfa
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by urfa »

Hi, I knew a manny benham, in and around 1947, this manny lived in frost street, tyne dock, am I on the right track, ..... regards
G,day from down under, I am an expat from s.s. many years ago, this is a great site keep the good work up Matt
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

i used to go fishing with manny benham
years ago at the mill dam
he lived at laygate
havent seen him sinse he was working for a bloke in freda street delivering furniture

nice bloke
Babooshka

Post by Babooshka »

I know a Len and Marie Benham
marrasis

Post by marrasis »

I'll let my brother know, he'll be over in the next few days for his tea no doubt. Thanks :wink:
urfa
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by urfa »

Looks like the Benham family tree had many branches, the Manny Benham that I knew lived at Tyne Dock, his wifes name was Mary, had a son John, a daughter Helen, and a second daughter Mary. best wishes ...... Urfa
G,day from down under, I am an expat from s.s. many years ago, this is a great site keep the good work up Matt
northern lad
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: BENHAM FAMILY SO/SHIELDS

Post by northern lad »

Emmanuel Benham married Mary Connel, they had 2 sons John and Emmanuel, 3 Daugthers Mary,Anne, and Helen.
They lived in Frost Street.
John married Eileen Hunter and had 1 son named Gary.
Emmanuel's 2nd marriage to Brenda, they had 1 son named David and a Daughter named Donna.
Mary married Mick Wilmott they had 1 son named Mark, 3 Daughters named Anne, Jane and Alison.(Mary moved to the East Midlands when she was young).
Anne married Colin Dudgeon they had 2 sons named Shaun and Colin, 1 Daughter named Alison.
Helen married Bob Armstrong and had no children.

I think Mary married twice and Dennis would be her 1st Husband.
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

Dont know if its the same lad, but there was a Manny Benham worked at Westoe Colliery during the 70s/80s.

cheers.
gag
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!
greebo68
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by greebo68 »

There's a friend of mine, Bob Benham who gets in the Cleadon Club at Marsden at the weekends
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

hi greebo welcome to our website
northern lad
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by northern lad »

This could well be a son of Charla Benham, Charla was a Brother of Emmanuel Benham. The Emmanuel Benham who married Mary Connell.
BigRy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by BigRy »

used to play football and go on the hoy with david benham he had a sister called donna! i think they still live just off mile end road!
urfa
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by urfa »

Your spot on northan lad, you have made my day, what a great site this is, I left shields in 1951 and lost contact with them, if any are still around pass on my best wishes, best wishes to all, Urfa
cazdad
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by cazdad »

Hello
I am the Alan Hall mentioned on your site, my wife's maiden name was Carol Benham. Feel free to get in touch if you want to know any info about the family. I'll do my best to answer your questions
DeeBe
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by DeeBe »

I am David Benham, brother of Donna Benham (now Donna Barry) and son of Brenda Benham (nee Skarvold) and Emmanuel Richmond Patrick Benham.

My father is the man who worked at Westoe Colliery. He now lives in North Shields, (he left us on 30th Dec 1991).

Any more info, please contact me with your details.

Oh, hello Big Ry, long time no speak!
DeeBe
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by DeeBe »

Aunt Mary lives more precisely in Loughborough, and Uncle Bob's wife, Helen, passed away quite some time ago.

My father Emmanuel lived in Bedford Avenue for a few years (this is the reason he left my mother - rather not go into that)

His Brother John died quite some time ago also. I believe John's son (My cousin, Gary) moved to Ireland and married a girl called Siobahn (her parents live in Dublin)

I used to fish with my Dad at the Mill Dam when I was younger, we were called the Mill Dam Van Dammers (no idea why, pointless info!)

Carl, brenda's brother now is married with three kids of his own. He lives on Prince Edward Road.

Sorry if its sketchy, but Dad left home when I was 8, but any info is 1 call away.
DeeBe
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by DeeBe »

Just spoke to my Mam;

There was three brothers, Charla Benham, Richard Benham (known as Richmond - hence my fathers other middle name) and Emmanuel.

Apparently, my Grandad (Emmanuel) was supposed to be named Paul, but my Great-Grandads mates dared him to name him Emmanuel instead!

Anyway, Emmanuel Benham snr did indeed live in Frost Street, before moving with my Grandma to Alnwick Road, just off Boldon Lane.

They did have the 2 boys, Emmanuel & John and the 3 girls, Mary, Helen and Anne.

Helen married Bob, but we are sure his surname is Clark, not Armstrong, but can verify this when we next see him. They had no children.

Anne married Colin Dudgeon and had the 3 children already mentioned by Northern Lad

Mary married Dennis, and then married Mick Wilmott having 4 children, Mark, Anne Jane & Alison. She met Mick in Loughborough when she went down to study at the University. Last I heard, she worked in the Hospital there.
urfa
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by urfa »

Hi Dee be, many thanks for the latest info on Emanuel and his family, it is sad to hear that the people I new have passed away, I have been back to shields about five times over the years and would take a walk around the junction of Stanhope Road and Boldon lane in the hope that I would
see any one I new,with out any luck sad to say. Funny thing is that I used to live in Bedford avenue before coming out to Tasmania
Best wishes to you all......Matt
DeeBe
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by DeeBe »

No problem my friend. Any more information you would like, just ask and I will speak to my father.

Regards.