Hope Street

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
geordielass
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Hope Street

Post by geordielass »

i remember hope street was up that way but i thought it could have been off stanhope rd old wrights biscuit biscuit factory side if not off greenlane
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

Hope street was at the bottom of School Loaning as stated before, if you stood at the top of School Loaning looking down towards green lane end Hope Street ( or NO Hope Street as we called it) was at the bottom, i lived at 27 School Loaning until 1966 when we moved to Whiteleas Estate when i was 12, we had the Wilkinsons on one side and the Kelly's on the other, we had the top house in the culdesac, other familys i remember were the Dents and Gibbons, it might have been rough but we didn't know anything else, i was born at 37 Tyne Lane so you can imagine, it was "Posh" for us ha ha
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
benjoe
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by benjoe »

Hope street did exist beside School loaning, i lived there from 53 ..to 66....so the ordanace map IS be wrong ...hi Bandana Dave ..u were right you lived only two prefabs from me .Alan Kelly lived between you and i. I take you are Dave Quan****, i last saw you in the Miners Pub at Blackhill Consett .iS THAT RIGHT ...IF SO HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING WELL.
Noggin
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Noggin »

Bandana Dave wrote:Hope street was at the bottom of School Loaning as stated before, if you stood at the top of School Loaning looking down towards green lane end Hope Street ( or NO Hope Street as we called it) was at the bottom, i lived at 27 School Loaning until 1966 when we moved to Whiteleas Estate when i was 12, we had the Wilkinsons on one side and the Kelly's on the other, we had the top house in the culdesac, other familys i remember were the Dents and Gibbons, it might have been rough but we didn't know anything else, i was born at 37 Tyne Lane so you can imagine, it was "Posh" for us ha ha

Tyne Lane !, is that the Deans Estates very same !. All of my family were Born and used to live in West Way, next to Elliots Shop, had many friends who lived in Tyne and Thames lanes. The Deanies as we were known . Great Days . lol . . :wink: