Research into names HUNT GAUGHAN MAGEE RONEY

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
joan
Big Gob
Big Gob

Research into names HUNT GAUGHAN MAGEE RONEY

Post by joan »

I hope this is the right place to post these names .I've been doing research into the names above,which are my family names .The first three left Ireland (Mayo/Sligo)during the famine,(roughly 1849/50),went to Scotland,then Durham area Oxhill,Tanfield,Washington,and by 1890's were in Shiremoor .By 1904 ,the Gaughans had moved to Amble but the Hunts and Magees were in SOUTH SHIELDS.I'm the direct descendant of the HUNTS and GAUGHANS.If there are any Hunts who'd be interested in knowing where their families came from,I and a couple of cousins have been doing research for the past 5 years and we have quite a lot of information .My g g grandfather THOMAS HUNT(wife CATHERINE GAUGHAN) was killed in a fall of rock in WASHINGTON F pit in 1870 and his brother LAWRENCE was killed in the SPRINGWELL pit in 1872.If anyone thinks they are related please get in touch.Thanks.My g grabdfather's name was Timothy Hunt and he died in Somerset st in 1917.They had eight children and we know all about the last 6,but are still looking for any descendants of JAMES HUNT (born 1873)He was born in WArdley and TIMOTHY HUNT(1878 WASHINGTON)Also any descendents of Michael Hunt(born 1855,Scotland)Thanks
Love Joan