Lindsay Family? Looking for family

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
Deb
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Lindsay Family? Looking for family

Post by Deb »

Hello:
My parents were George and June Lindsay (nee Hunnam). We lived in Whiteleas. Left for South Africa in 1975 and never returned - they died there. Grandparents were George and Hannah Jane Lindsay. Mother's parents: Thomas and ? Hunnam. I know I have lots of aunts uncles and cousins but I have no contact with anyone. Now I live in the US. My aunts married into the Laverick, Shotten families- only names I can recall right now.
Anyone know the Lindsay family?

Deb
Joodle60
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Lindsay Family? Looking for family

Post by Joodle60 »

Hello Deborah,
I remember you and your lovely family . I'm not in Shields anymore ( only Aberdeen )and can't help you with your family research but I wanted to say Hi :D
Ian Henry is my brother and you knew him from Whiteleas and I knew your family had moved to South Africa but see you are in US now . I hope you are well . It was great to see a familiar name on the forum even though your post is years old . I hope you have found the family members you're looking for . The only familiar name I recognise is Shotton . When I went to Brinkburn there was a Michael Shotton . Very sporty. I think he went on to play cricket for Durham in the early 80's. The family lived in Simonside.
..... This maybe isn't relevant lol . I've been trying to tie up loose ends in my family tree for years now .
Good Luck
Jude McLeod (nee Henry)
Deka
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Deka »

Hi Deborah i used to go to Whiteleas Junior School with an Ann Lindsay,from Rubens Ave,any relation?

Regards

Deka
Look to the future
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

'Deb' joined SD in 2006, she made the above post and has never been back to the site since she
made the post, not even to check for answers. :?
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

No wonder the place is so quiet :-)
I voted leave