Looking for James Mason Family of Withburn

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
Nervenklau
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Looking for James Mason Family of Withburn

Post by Nervenklau »

During a practice flight at June 16, 1947, Flight Lieutenant (Pilot) James Mason of No. 266 “Rhodesia” Squadron RAF crashed near Bad Segeberg, Germany. He was killed on impact, while his aircraft went deep into the ground. We finally tracked Mason´s personal mount, a Gloster Meteor F Mk. III single seat jet aircraft.

The plane´s squadron code was FX V, the serial number was EE411. Along with local German authorities and the British embassy in Germany we plan to excavate EE411 and the deadly remains of James Mason, who was killed aged 24, in order to burry him at Hamburg cemetery.

According to our information, James was the son of James and Margaret L. I. Mason of Whitburn, West Lothian. We wondered whether anybody of you knows if there are any relatives of James Mason jr. who are still alive in your vicinity?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated. I hope that you can give us a hint. Please do not hesitate and email any questions directly to me ;-)

Thanks in advance, as well as merry xmas and a happy, healthy new year 2006!

Best regards,

Nervenklau
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

I refer you to my post in the "Old Codgers" forum.

Whitburn, Lothian is in Scotland. It is only a very small place so you may have some luck.

The Whitburn in our vicinity is in Tyne & Wear, North East of England.

Good luck with your search, wish I could have helped