Henry Moore

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
Gill M
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Henry Moore

Post by Gill M »

I am the daughter in law of Henry (Harry) Moore who lived in Empress Street after WW2. His father was Stephen Moore and his grandfather was another Henry Moore.

I would like to get in touch with descendants of Stephen's siblings. I have been researching my husband's family for 30 years and the stumbling block in Henry Snr. Henry Moore was born about 1848 but I have no idea where. He married Sarah Moad in South Shields in 1874. They had the following children: Rebecca born about 1875 - I think she married John McPherson in 1903; Sarah born 1882 - the last record I have of her was in 1901; Stephen born 1884 - he married Ellen Gargett in 1904 and died in 1943. Wilfred born 1886 - probably married Ellen McDonald in 1912, had 2 children - Wilfred in 1912 & James McDonald in 1913. Was killed in WW1; Thomas born 1891 - may have married Elizabeth McIntyre in 1919; Grace born 1894 - probably married Thomas Pringle in 1914.

If you can add to this information, I would love to hear from you.

Gill Moore
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Henry Moore

Post by Mr Smith »

There was a Henry (Robson or Dobson) Moore born in South Shields in 1845.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.
Gill M
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Gill M »

Could you tell me more? I have a birth certificate for a Henry Moore born North Shields in 1845 but I know I had to discount him but this may be the same man.

Gill
Gill M
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Gill M »

The only other information I have on Henry Snr is that on his marriage certificates he says his father was an Engineer also Henry. Henry Snr gave his occupation as plater which matches with a man in Newcastle prison in 1881 born in South Shields but I can't find his wife in the census. Despite having a child born in the March 1891 and registered in the April the same year, the family don't appear in the census - the address given on the certificate was 31 Claypath Lane. Claypath Lane existed but not No 31! Henry finally appears in the 1901 census living in Burrow Street when he says he was born in London but the 1911 census when he was in Empress Street with his 2nd wife (Catherine formerly Scott nee Luke) he gives his birth place as North Shields. Whenever his age is given it is consistant with a birth in 1848 but I will follw up on Henry Dobson Moore b. 1845 in hopes. I missed that one somehow. Thanks
Gill M
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Gill M »

My appologies - I have located the certificate for Henry Moore, born North Shields. He was born 1853, not 1845.

Gill