Taylor street help please.

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
shieldsborn53
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Taylor street help please.

Post by shieldsborn53 »

Hello everyone . Hope someone can assist me . I was born in Febuary 1953 at Harton hospital . I was adopted and am trying to find out
something of my past . My birth mother was called Doreen Haley and she stayed with a family during her pregnancy at 238 Taylor Street ,
South Shields . The family she stayed with was called George and Eliazabetth Munden who I was told had 4 children , 2 boys and 2 girls .
She remained there until after the birth .
My hope is does this story jog anyone's memory ? Clearly if someone does remember that would be fantastic and if necessary could maybe
post something and then advise me of the finer details via the pm service.
I know it is a long time ago but i'm not sure how else I can find this information.
Thanks in anticipation.
shieldsborn53
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Taylor street help please.

Post by shieldsborn53 »

Anyone maybe with elderly relatives that may have lived in or around Taylor street at the time and remember
the surnames of the Munden family or even my mother's surname Haley ?
Cheers.
shieldsborn53
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by shieldsborn53 »

Looks like I'm drawing a blank . Does anyone know any of the Munden family . I gather there was
a Derek h. Munden living at the same address .
Cheers , very important to me this.
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

I lived near Taylor Street. I recall a David Munden who would be about my age now,67 who lived in the area.
geordielass
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by geordielass »

i lived in taylor st, late 40s to late 50s but i was top end no 12 near hanratteys but cant remember those names
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

My aunt used to live at number 18 Taylor Street in the fifties. Her name was Winnie Carter.Her son was called Dennis.
geordielass
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by geordielass »

i seem to remember the name how old would denis be? they were flats. so he would have lived next door to us we had the larger 3 bed upper flat,
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

Dennis will be about 59 now. He lives in York these days. My aunties flat was an upstairs one. They eventually moved to Landseer Gardens in Whiteleas.
shieldsborn53
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by shieldsborn53 »

Thanks for the replies , I had given up .
George and Eizabeth Munden had 4 children , 2 boys and 2 girls I believe.
My birth mother stayed there when she was pregnant (latter stages I'm told). She must have been friends I guess with the Munden family to be out up
by them before my birth.
I did'nt know they were flats .
I have been told by local studies at the library that there was a Derek h. and Susan Elizabeth at that address (from the electoral roll)
I get so far then draw a blank . I would like to know if anyone remembers Jan. Feb. 1953 . Long shot but the info. you have provided
gives me hope.
If anyone who has posted a reply or anyone else can help please use the pm service or post .
Thanks again.
hencree
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by hencree »

I remember about ten years go there was a man called Munden who had a small building busuiness in shields and i am sure his first name was Davey (David) and he had a brother called derreck who had a business making roller shutter doors just opposite the magistrates court building in commercial road; whether they are still with us i dont know. good luck in your search.