Smiths, Frys and Tomasellis!!!

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
Shortie
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Smiths, Frys and Tomasellis!!!

Post by Shortie »

Hello everyone, this is my first time!
I'm related to Edward Fry of lifeboat fame, my grandfather was Joseph Smith born 1910 in Tynemouth and I have just read someone [baldy Smith?] has contact with the Tomasellis that came from Isola in Italy [my mothers side of the family.

So, if anyone out there thinks they're related in any way I would love to hear from you,

happy hunting,

Shortie. :D
nonglumpuk
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Smiths, Frys and Tomasellis!!!

Post by nonglumpuk »

I remember when I was a kid going with my father to relatives in North Shields, where I met Papa THOMASELLI who gave me an ice-cream. :D He had an Italian ice-cream business in North Shields.

My father played football for Willington Athletic AFC those days, and was on the same team as Josiah Warrington THOMASELLI, his cousin.
I have an old photograph of Willington Athletic AFC with my father and Josiah Warrington THOMASELLI.

More information on the THOMASELLI's can be got from my sister who is our family historian.
Contact me and I can supply more details.

Happy hunting

Nonglumpuk
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Smiths, Frys and Tomasellis!!!

Post by Mr Smith »

Hi Shortie, welcome to the boards.

I have no connections with anyone named Joseph Smith, my side of the family originated in
Nottingham and came to South Shields in the mid 1800s.

I did not meet any of the Tomaselli's, it's just that when I was in Arpino someone there said that
they'd had a relative from Newcastle staying with them but he had left on the day we arrived, they
said that the person from Newcastle was named Tomaselli. Other than that I know nothing of them,
I can't even remember who it was told me, I think my wife may remember though.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.