Tracking Family Members - Curry,Duplock,Short-South Shields

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
thejetz
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Tracking Family Members - Curry,Duplock,Short-South Shields

Post by thejetz »

20/3/11 - also seeking to track down a Mrs Ann Duplock (or immediate relations) who was my grandfather's step sister, she used to live Canberra Drive, Sth Shields. Annie was step sister to Martin, Margaret & George Curry.

Also seeking any friends or relatives of a Margaret Curry (mentioned above). Her married name was Channer (nee Curry) and passed away (1984?). She resided in Newton Grove Sth Shields.

Others relations
Mary Curry (nee Kennedy) was widowed (husband and war hero George Curry DCM was killed in WWI and is buried in Tyne Cot Cemetry, Belgium) and married a Mr Short (christian name unknown). Mary Curry Short then gave borth to a Annie Short and an Ellen Short (twins i gather) in 1922. Then in 1925 a son - James Short (South Shields), and December 1929 then a daughter, Elizabeth Short (at Lanchester).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

I am trying to track down and touch base with family members related to George Curry DCM, served in the first World War and is buried in a war cemetry in Belgium. One of his sons George Curry who was estranged from the family relocated to Australia before the 1940s. He served in the WWII in the Pacific (now deceased). He had a brother Martin and sister Margaret (now deceased some years ago now, she had no children). We dont know too much more than that. I understand his brother Martin may have had a son named Martin as well?

George Curry DCM would have been my great grandfather. My mother, is now seeking to establish some links to her father's family. She was in contact with her Aunty Margaret up until her passing.

I would be grateful for anyone who may have some knowledge or be able to lead me in the right direction with a current contact, to let me know. Any assistance would be most appreciated to assist in putting the pieces together of a family jigsaw that has been fragmented for nearly a century.

Thank you

Leo Jensen
Brisbane, Australia
5 February 2011
Last edited by thejetz on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Tracking Down Family Members -Curry, South Shields

Post by Mr Smith »

Hi Leo, welcome to the boards. Sorry that I can't personally help you but
I'm sure someone will be able to, so just keep checking back and eventually
you will get some info. Meanwhile here's a link to the birth, deaths and
marriages in South Shields which may be of some use to you in your search.

http://www.southtyneside.info/applicati ... fault.aspx
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.
thejetz
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Tracking Down Family Members -Curry, South Shields

Post by thejetz »

Mr Smith - many thanks.

LJ, Brisbane, Australia.