Emil and Harry Mews c1900

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
barry
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Emil and Harry Mews c1900

Post by barry »

Does any one have any knowledge as to what happened to these brothers they where institutionalised in around 1900, they had another brother Edward a year or two in age difference but all under 10, also Edward was not institutionalised,their father I believe was Emil Mews or Muus, a german shipyard worker, working on the tyne, he married a Catherine Coppock in 1900,and lived in the Westoe area. I just want to know why was Edward left at home and how the others wound up,as it would appear to be some sort of family secret.
Thanks in anticipation, Barry.
baldy.smith

Re: Emil and Harry Mews c1900

Post by baldy.smith »

Emil Henry Muus was born in South Shields 1901, his brother Harry was born in
South Shields 1903. Their father was Emil Karl H A Muus, he was married in
South Shields in 1900. Between the time Harry was born and Edward was born
they must have changed their surname to Mews; because Edward is listed as
Edward Mews born South Shields 1906. It is not uncommon for the Registry
Office to spell the names wrong either, I have had that experience on a couple
of occasions with my ancestors names.

8)
barry
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by barry »

its funny that because i have since found out that 1900, and the surname went from muus to muas then murus then onto mevens ending up as mews they lived around porchester street one had a daughter winifred who married a local joseph lovely, vets club regular!thanks again,b.
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

I knew Winnie Mews and her family. They lived near my aunt in Thames Lane. The Lovely family lived in the same Street. Nine of them plus mam and dad. Joe was one of the older ones.
barry
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by barry »

yes thats right winnie was edwards daughter edward was harry and emils brother, she also had a brother albert and married joe lovely ,she died very young in 1981, followed a few years later by albert , joe died of a heart attack about 3 years back
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

Sorry to hear that I always remember him as a nice lad although a good bit older than me. I was one of the Rossiter family. The Lovely's used to go to St Mary's school.
shieldslad
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by shieldslad »

I had a contact from a desendant of Catherine Coppock and Edward Mews , now living down south , a few years back ; if interested drop me a line .
karen84
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by karen84 »

shieldslad wrote:I had a contact from a desendant of Catherine Coppock and Edward Mews , now living down south , a few years back ; if interested drop me a line .

Hi, I'm just wondering if you could tell me about the descendant you know of? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
My email is [email protected]