Friend Search/ HOMES-South Shields

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
andrew011
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Friend Search/ HOMES-South Shields

Post by andrew011 »

Hiya folks,

Im trying to find some friends from the South Shields area, they are called Katie Burns, Kay/Megan Homes. I know the Homes run a livery business from there home but nit sure which one, can anyone help at all. I would be most grateful.

Thanks

andy
baldy.smith

Re: Friend Search/ HOMES-South Shields

Post by baldy.smith »

You have possibly spelled the surname wrong.

I think it should be Holmes.

Sorry but at this point I am unable to help
but I'll continue to look around for you.

8)
andrew011
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by andrew011 »

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply, Im pretty sure its Homes, I do have further info if you think that may help?

The father is Steven a Doctor and the main reason im trying to contact him is in regard to his daughters Kay and Abbie who passed away in Nov 2007. kay worked with children with autism.

Anyway, if you know of any info Id be most grateful.

Thank You.
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

There is no one with the surname Homes listed anywhere in the county

Holmes as follows, only one S Holmes listed in South Shields

S. Holmes
Tel: (0191) 519 3023 - Text Number
190 Masefield Dv, South Shields, NE34 9LF

One Doctor Holmes listed in the County

Drs Carter,Craig, Holmes & Stone
Talbot Medical Centre,Stanley St,S Shields
House Calls & Emergencies
Tel: (0191) 454 2958

Hope this helps.

8)
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Might be wrong here but was it a Holmes that had the riding school at the stables on the High Road (Lizard Lane) at Marsden in the late 50s early 60s.
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

Hello Pete, didnt the riding school go under the name of "Hannahs" or "Hanners" at that time ?

cheers.

gag.
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

gag wrote:Hello Pete, didnt the riding school go under the name of "Hannahs" or "Hanners" at that time ?

cheers.

gag.
Yes that's right Gag, funny enough the name Holmes came up in the Gazette on Saturday night. It was an issue from 1963 with a photo of my old mate Martin Atkinson and two others after being presented with awards for trying to save Trevor Holmes when he drowned south of the grotto in 62.Remember that day well, was on my way to pit for 2pm shift when I saw them bring Trevors body up and then Martin unconscious, had to tell the police who they both were then ran up to Martins house to tell his mother, that was one shift I missed. You might have known Trevor he had younger twin brothers and they lived in Prince Edward Road at the Marsden Inn on the left hand side of the cut down to the 11 bus stop.
andrew011
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by andrew011 »

I think you people are right, I think it is a riding school on lizard lane somewhere. Two young ladies who passed away in 2007 Kay and Abbie holmes ran the Livery yard, does this ring a bell, Kay did alot of work for autistic children.

Thank you Kindly.
GeordieCanuck
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by GeordieCanuck »

gag wrote:Hello Pete, didnt the riding school go under the name of "Hannahs" or "Hanners" at that time ?

cheers.

gag.
Hiya, Oh boy that brings back a memory, as I was Horse mad and was up at Hanna`s stables whenever I could be ..
All the best,
Hilary