AITCHESON / CARR Families South Shields

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

I see Thomas Aitcheson was married in the second quarter of 1889 in South Shields. His wife was either, Caroline Hilda Husband, or Martha Ann Smith.

8)
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Lets hope old Tommy knew which one he married or life could be a bit complicated. :shock:
I voted leave

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

What it is Pilot, there were two marriages registed under the same folio and page numbers. Two men marrying two women, we know which man we wanted but without a wedding certificate we don't know which of the women he married.
It appears that Thomas Aitcheson was born in North Shields in 1865, In 1881 the family was living at 41 Thrift Street. Hence the other question raised by Mark in another post, "is Thrift Street still there".

8)
moffetclark
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: AITCHESON / CARR Families South Shields

Post by moffetclark »

re marriage of Thomas Aitcheson his wife was Martha Ann Smith and they were married in South Shields on 1st June 1889. Caroline Hilda White Husband married William Gray.
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

moffetclark wrote:re marriage of Thomas Aitcheson his wife was Martha Ann Smith and they were married in South Shields on 1st June 1889. Caroline Hilda White Husband married William Gray.
Now that is very interesting, one of my ancestors was a William Gray from that period, he was born in 1862 at South Shields.

8)
moffetclark
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by moffetclark »

My Gray family started with a Thomas Gray and his wife Johanna Younger Marriage 1787, then their son Thomas Gray and his wife Martha Rippon marriage 1811 then their son William who first married Elizabeth. Young married 1845, Elizabeth died1850 William then married Margaret Emery 1851
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

Not the same Gray family as mine then. My great, great Grandfather
David Gray was born in London (Westminster) around 1823. He moved
to Newcastle where he married my great great Grandmother who was
born in South Shields.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.