Chaucer Avenue, Biddick Hall Estate.

Track down any of your lost pals or family on our Genealogy section
Stephen Lines
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: Chaucer Avenue, Biddick Hall Estate.

Post by Stephen Lines »

Hi to every body from Chaucer Ave.

I was born at number 44 Chaucer in the lower middle of the st my name is Stephen Lines with my brother David sisters Margaret and Kathleen Lines. It was great to read them names again after such a long time. But here are a few names at the other end of Chaucer that you may remember,Driver,Pyles,Hayes,Metcalf,Paul,Mitchinson and Ray to name but a few. I lived there from 1955 / 1975 and have some great memories of growing up in Chaucer Ave it felt like its own little Village away from the rest of Biddick hall. You could also play on the swing hanging from the pylon and put stones on the line for the steam trains to crush. You may well remember my mother in her yellow traveling shop, who at present lives in Spain at the moment still going strong. Well thats it for now all the best old and new of Chaucer Ave. Bye.

Steve Lines
Strike
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Strike »

Hello Stephen, God I remember your mams van, and Georges who also came around.I knew Eddie Driver and the Mitchinsons.Happy carefree days back then before we all grew up.
Jane
Big Gob
Big Gob
Location: Now residing back in my home town of South Shields after some 41 years.

Post by Jane »

Well I dont recall where Chaucer Avenue is but my Nana lived in Shaw Avenue from the early 50's on. My Uncle Derek (Matheson) and Aunty Pam (Matheson) lived there too. Aunty Pam was a bus conductress and one of the first to have a car, she lives in Oz now and has done for 40 odd years. I used to love staying there as I could have a bath and the houses all had indoor toilets, I really am getting old now lol.
Jane
PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by PartyGirl »

I used to know the Spottiswood's my family married into theirs. George was the dad/grandad and was the lushest person ever. The whole family are so friendly and a complete howl!!
Strike
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by Strike »

Sadly, Les Winter, who used to live at no.76, died yesterday aged only 58,heart attack.