Is this forum dead or dying?

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

hartman045
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Is this forum dead or dying?

Post by hartman045 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Shame that this forum seems to be largely inactive now, as I have lots of articles, 'how to' guides and creative ideas for photographers.

Beachbum
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Is this forum dead or dying?

Post by Beachbum » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:05 am

hartman045 wrote:Shame that this forum seems to be largely inactive now, as I have lots of articles, 'how to' guides and creative ideas for photographers.
Post some.

danet

Re: Is this forum dead or dying?

Post by danet » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:58 am

Hi Hartman :) exactly what we need to get this little cornerstone forum going again, if you can post some of those topics, it would be awesome. I look forward to them soon 8)
I consider this like a 'referance' forum, stuff that has been posted on here will always be something of value to those that come in for a read, if you notice, maybe not so many active replies, but many look ins and taking note of what has been posted to date.

No topic is dead, it is always as lively as the person seeking information can be useful.

What I might put up as info about point and shoot cameras, mid price range, is that, once you have taken a lot of photos with it, somehow, it doesn't focus as well or as fast as it used to, I noticed this with one I bought a couple of years ago, so replaced it with a newer one, and it's working a treat.

With film cameras, I don't think there was ever that problem, of it 'wearing out' somehow.
Now, with the bigger DSLR's, apparently, there is a lifespan of so many hundred thousand shots it takes before it starts to wear thin or just d*e.

I had one camera, where the screen view at the back, just went all purple, and wouldn't do anything anymore, I went in to the camera store to ask what happened, and they said, the processor died. That's it, so it pays to ask, of a camera when you buy it, how many actuations it can handle before we realize it will let us down, that way we won't be disappointed if an important event is coming up, and you wonder what the heck is wrong with your camera and why all photos are fuzzing.

I am going to my old high school 50th anniversary, and will be taking 2 cameras, in my camera bag, not a handbag, but my camera bag :lol: 8)

Return to “The Photo Shop”