Youtube of how to remove photos from old sticky album

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

danet

Youtube of how to remove photos from old sticky album

Post by danet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:22 am

Well, it has come to reason, we need to remove some precious photos from those old sticky albums from 30-40 years ago, as the go for today is 'non acid' albums to preserve your memories better.
I am lucky some come unstuck okay, but others will not budge, especially those instamatic kodak photos, with layerd backings, and newspaper prints stuck down. Some I think will just have to stay put, but those that can be moved for better preservation, here is a youtube of how to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcDlbNi-9D0

danet

Re: Youtube of how to remove photos from old sticky album

Post by danet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Even better, I am going with my photo scrapbooking friend to a scrapbooking place tomorrow, because I phoned them to ask about knowing the difference albums that are acid free or not.
They told me they have a pen that can test the paper if it is acid free, depending on the colour the ink turns when testing an inconspicuous part of the album.
Then I asked about photos that are truly stuck in them old sticky albums and they have a product called "Un du".....when I get it, I will let you know how it works okay or not. :)

danet

Re: Youtube of how to remove photos from old sticky album

Post by danet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 pm

I have bought the "un-do adhesive remover" and I have to say, it is amazing =D> Follow the instructions, and those hard to unstick photos from 30 or 40 year old albums, will be a breeze to remove, with no sticky residue. It works a treat!

The acid testing pen, I am finding which albums are acid free, and those that are not, so I can confidently put photos in the albums that are acid neutral, taking out older photos and replacing them in a newer album. It doesn't have the same feel about it, when looking at the photos, I was so used to old tattered albums with yellowing edges :lol:

Return to “The Photo Shop”